It's time to whip up some blood orange margaritas! Here's how to do it: Start with some fresh blood oranges and tequila. You'll need these for the base of your margarita. Add lime juice, orange liqueur, and simple syrup—this will give your margarita a little kick, along with sweetness! Next, dip a glass rim into water so that it sticks better to the salt (you can also use sugar if you prefer). Fill your glass with ice cubes until it's almost full (you'll want enough room for all those other ingredients). Then pour in your margarita base overtop of them—and voila! You have yourself a refreshing Blood Orange Margarita!
This year, it’s all about the Blood Orange Margarita.
Blood oranges are a treat in and of themselves—with their deep red color and sweet, citrusy flavor, they’re the perfect way to brighten up the winter blues. But when you add them to a margarita? It’s like the sun finally came out after months of gray skies.
The blood orange margarita is perfect for any time of year (even though this one is especially good during the fall), but it’s especially nice when you’re looking to shake up your usual routine. There are always new restaurants and bars popping up with amazing twists on classic cocktails; why not try one yourself?
If you’re like us, you love margaritas. But we also know that sometimes you want something a little different. Maybe it’s because you’ve had the same old drink for too long and need a break from it. Or maybe you just want to try something new, because why not?
This cocktail is perfect for those who like fruity drinks but don’t want something too sweet or heavy on the alcohol content—it has just enough to get you buzzed without being overpowering! When you’re ready for your next party or dinner gathering, whip up one of these refreshing cocktails.
Ingredients of a Blood Orange Margarita Recipe
How to Prepare the Blood Orange Cocktail
Tips to Prepare the Blood Orange Mix
Some Alternative Versions of the Blood Orange with Tequila
The classic Blood Orange Margarita is a sweet, tart cocktail that’s perfect for summer. But did you know it has some variations?
Here are some other ways to get your blood orange mix:
- Blood Orange Margarita Float: Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to your margarita for an extra-creamy treat!
- Blood Orange Margarita Fizz: Add a shot of club soda to your blood orange margarita for a lighter drink that goes down easy!
- Blood Orange Margarita + Lime Juice + Pineapple Juice: This version is simple but delicious! It has all the tartness of a regular margarita but with a hint of sweetness from the pineapple juice.
How to Prepare the Frozen Blood Orange Margarita Mix
This is a Frozen Blood Orange Margarita. It’s a creamy, delicious dessert that’s made with fresh blood orange juice, tequila, and orange liqueur. It’s perfect for serving at parties or on hot summer days when you want something refreshing but not too sweet!
With just a few easy steps, you can enjoy a frozen blood orange margarita that’s as sweet and refreshing as it is pretty.
Combine blood orange slices, ice and water in a blender. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
In a pitcher, stir together the tequila, orange liqueur, lime and the agave nectar. Add 3 cups of ice cubes and stir again to combine.
Fill margaritas glasses with some crushed ice, then pour margarita mixture into each glass. Garnish with an orange slice or two if desired! Enjoy!
Other Fruity Cocktails for the Summer
If you want to enjoy more cocktails like the Blood Orange Margarita, fruity and perfect for the summer, we bring you a list full of variety:
- Coconut Margarita: this tropical twist on the classic Margarita combines the tangy flavor of lime with creamy coconut milk and tequila.
- Lemon Margarita: this cocktails is a bright and citrusy variation of the classic Margarita.
- Pineapple Margarita: this sweet and tropical Margarita is made with fresh pineapple juice, tequila, and triple sec. The natural sweetness of the pineapple pairs perfectly with the tangy lime juice and the smooth tequila.
- Prickly Pear Margarita: the Prickly Pear Margarita is a vibrant and colorful cocktail made with the juice of the prickly pear cactus, tequila, and triple sec.
The Best Tequila to Make this Cocktail
Why? Because it has a smooth taste that’s perfect for sipping, and it’s also made from 100% blue agave. It’s aged in American white oak barrels, which means that it has a light, sweet flavor that makes it easy to mix with other ingredients without overpowering them—making it ideal for making cocktails like the Blood Orange Margarita!