Add the tequila, lemon juice and simpe syrup to a Collins or highball glass. Stir well and top with club soda. Garnish with the lemon wedges and/or mint leaves (optional).
If you are looking for a refreshing and tangy cocktail, the Lemon Margarita is definitely one to consider. Its citrusy flavor and smooth texture make it easy to drink and refreshing at the same time, making it the perfect drink for hot weather.
What’s more, you only need four ingredients that you probably have on hand: Tequila, preferably Blanco with a more intense flavor profile, lemon juice, agave syrup, and soda.
Ingredients to Prepare the Tequila and Lemon Cocktail
As we mentioned earlier, this is one of the simplest Margarita recipes. You won’t take too long to prepare it, and it’s very likely that you already have the ingredients at home:
- 60 ml / 2 parts Altos Plata
- 30 ml / 1 part lemon juice
- 30 ml / 1 part simple syrup
- Club soda to top
How to Make this Tequila and Lemon Recipe
The estimated preparation time for this Margarita recipe is around 3 minutes:
- Add the tequila, lemon juice and simpe syrup to a Collins or highball glass.
- Stir well and top with club soda.
- Garnish with the lemon wedges and/or mint leaves (optional)
Other Alternatives to the Margarita with Lemon Juice
While Lemon Margarita is an excellent option for hot summer days, there are many other variants worth mentioning. Whether frozen or spicy, there is an ideal Margarita waiting for you.
- Frozen: You can opt for Frozen Margarita, Frozen Strawberry Margarita, or Frozen Pineapple Margarita.
- Fruity: If citrusy cocktails are not your thing and you prefer other fruity cocktails, here’s a list to help you choose the best option.
- Spicy: The Chili Margarita or Spicy Margarita are perfect for those who enjoy a bit of heat in their cocktails.
Olmeca Altos Plata: Take Your Cocktails to the Next Level of Quality
Our Olmeca Altos Plata tequila is the most intense and pure expression of agave. It’s perfect for a recipe in which lemon is one of the main characters. However, we need to pair it with a beverage that can stand up to its bold flavors, or else we may end up with a cocktail that tastes too sour and acidic.
So, if you want to create the best version of a lemon cocktail with a tequila base, you cannot miss this mix made with Olmeca Altos Plata. Its premium quality will elevate your cocktail game to a whole new level.