To make a Pineapple Margarita: Combine the lime juice, tequila, Cointreau, and pineapple juice in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake well until the outside of the shaker feels cold. Strain into a chilled glass and add ice, if you like. Garnish with a pineapple slice. If you want to get extra fancy, you can top it with a fresh mint.
Are you looking for an easy cocktail recipe to serve at your next meeting? This easy Pineapple Margarita cocktail is incredibly refreshing and is guaranteed to keep your guests happy.
The recipe contains many ingredients as a traditional Margarita, such as limes and tequila, but with a few tasty pineapple twists. And the best part? It’s super easy to make. Shake everything up, and yum!
Pineapple margaritas pair well with any Mexican dish. Think queso, guacamole, or salsa. Taco chicken bites are also a fantastic snack to serve with these margaritas.
Ingredients in This Pineapple Margarita Recipe
There’s nothing like a fresh drink to get you in the mood on a hot afternoon!
What you will need for one cocktail:
- 50 ml Blanco Tequila, 100% Agave
- 30 ml Cointreau, Triple Sec
- 20 ml Fresh lime juice
- 30 ml Fresh pineapple juice
How to Make a Pineapple Margarita Cocktail
This homemade Pineapple Margarita is ideal for summer parties, plus easy to scale up to serve a large group.
To make a Pineapple Margarita:
- Combine the lime juice, tequila, Cointreau, and pineapple juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake well until the outside of the shaker feels cold.
- Strain into a chilled glass and add ice, if you like.
- Garnish with a pineapple slice. If you want to get extra fancy, you can top it with a fresh mint.
Tips for Making The Best Pineapple Margarita
When preparing a Pineapple Margarita, there are few things you need to bear in mind if you want it to be superb:
- Use Silver or Blanco tequila. When it comes to margaritas, we recommend using 100% Agave Silver or Blanco tequila. While aged, golden tequilas are the most treasured (and pricey), we think the mellow flavor profile of a Silver tequila works best in a Margarita.
- Use fresh pineapple or pure pineapple juice. This will give a fruity and powerful taste to your mix.
- Purchase your pineapple from the grocery store (or farmer’s market) for a more robust pineapple flavor!
- Freeze the pineapples after chopping and before margarita-ing to get a Frozen Margarita!
- Pineapple juice is notorious for settled solids, so it’s critical to shake it thoroughly before use.
- Taste before adding the sweetener because the pineapple is likely to be sweet enough on its own.
Pro tip: Feel free to add honey or agave nectar if you want to sweeten this recipe up a little. If you don’t have either at hand, you can also use a couple of teaspoons of brown sugar instead.
How to Make a Salt Rim
While a rim is optional, a little coarse salt (or cinnamon sugar or a mix) complements the naturally sweet-tart flavors of pineapple and citrus. Plus, it looks pretty, too!
We love a mix of sea salt and chili powder. It just goes so well with the sweetness of the pineapple and the sharpness of lime and tequila. You can even add some lime or lemon zest if feeling a little extra!
To rim the glass:
- Pour some coarse salt or your preferred rim mix on a small plate.
- Take a wedge of lime and run it over the rim of each glass.
- Roll the glass into the salt along the rim until the lime juice catches the salt.
- Shake any excess and set aside.
Other Variations of This Pineapple Margarita Mix
Every day is a fiesta when you have a fine Margarita like this. Brighten up your moods during the summer with these fire ‘Rita’ variations.
Frozen Pineapple Margarita
This ultra-refreshing Frozen Pineapple Margarita is a breeze to prepare and so delicious! Perfect for poolside parties, Cinco de Mayo, and get-togethers.
The chili-spiced salt rim gives this fruity Margarita a real bite. Prepare yourself for a fantastic treat for your taste buds.
- 50 ml Tequila
- 20 ml Cointreau orange liqueur or Triple sec
- 20 ml Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 150 g Frozen pineapple chunks
- For the garnish: Lime wedge, pineapple slice, fresh mint
- For the rim: 1 Tablespoon sea salt and ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Place all the ingredients for the Margarita in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Mix the sea salt and chili powder in a small bowl or plate.
- Take a lime wedge and run it over the rim of your glass.
- Dip the rim into the mix and twist to coat.
- Serve the cocktail, garnish and enjoy!
You can also add crushed ice to the glasses, but they will already be pretty icy and frosty due to the frozen pineapple.
Our Own Recipe Version with Pineapple
Smokin Aces is a delicious cocktail created with one goal in mind: to have a good time. Altos Plata pair beautifully with smoky Del Maguey Vida Mezcal to create a flavorful summery Margarita perfect for a warm afternoon. It’s our take on a Smoked Pineapple Martini.
The beautiful herbal notes of our Olmeca Altos is the ideal match for this tropical cocktail. Our tequila is made from 100% agave grown in the Los Altos highlands of Mexico. You can expect nothing but a premium quality when having a zip. Salud!