Follow these simple steps and you will have a refreshing drink to fight the hottest moments: Pour all five ingredients above in a large blender. Blend until smooth and serve into 4 cocktail, margarita or rocks glasses. Garnish and enjoy!
The Frozen Margarita is a clear-cut winner in keeping the spirits high and body temperatures cool on those sun-filled, warm breeze days. As the name suggests, the frozen Margarita is, in fact, an ‘icy’ twist on the Margarita —the possibly official cocktail of US summer.
Instead of mixing the ingredients in a glass, like you would do when making a regular Margarita, the classic Frozen Margarita recipe requires you to blend the ingredients with ice. That way, you can look forward to a cold, slushy, frosty and delicious beverage. A true Margarita Slush Recipe. Pretty clever, right?
As with many fabulous drinks, we have Mexico to thank for this delightful cocktail. Although nobody agrees on its true origins, there are a few theories. Some people say the Margarita recipe evolved from a cocktail called ‘Daisy’, while others believe it all began when Carlos Herrera, a Mexican bartender, had to prepare a drink for the beautiful artist Marjorie King.
The recipe for Frozen Lime Margarita calls for only five ingredients making it easy to prepare, and perfect for enjoying on hot summer days and fun weekends.
Ingredients For Frozen Margarita with Lime
The ingredients you need to make this frozen version of the Margarita are very similar to the original recipe:
- 1 part Tequila
- 1 part fresh Lime juice
- ½ parts Triple sec
- 2 tablespoons of Agave syrup (or any sweetener of choice)
- 6 cups of Ice
How to Make Margarita Frozen Mix
Two things make this cocktail different compared to the original Margarita: lots of ice and a blender machine!
Follow these simple steps and you will have a refreshing drink to fight the hottest moments. Enjoy this Frozen Margarita Recipe:
- Pour all five ingredients above in a large blender.
- Blend until smooth and serve into 4 cocktail, margarita or rocks glasses
- Garnish and enjoy!
4 Tips to Make the Best Frozen Lime Margarita
Here are four tips you need to know if you want to bring this frozen margarita recipe to the next level and enjoy an amazing Frozen Lime Margarita!
- The secret to making a delicious frozen margarita mix lies in the quality of tequila. Ensure you are using top-quality Blanco tequila made from 100% agave for best results. The same quality consideration should apply to the triple sec. Cointreau is the most well-known premium triple sec, but there are others of comparable quality.
- Freshly squeezed lime juice is always better for you Frozen Lime Margarita than store-bought lime. So, if you have fresh limes at hand, grab a citrus juicer and get those juices flowing. The effort will be worth it! Remember to keep some extra lime slices for garnishing.
- To make that beautiful rim you usually see on margaritas; run a lime wedge around the edge of your glasses, dip in coarse kosher salt and twist to coat.
- Don’t have any agave syrup? Feel free to use simple syrup, honey or even plain granulated sugar.
Would you like to experience the taste of a premium cocktail? Then feel free to try our own Altos Margarita recipe, which is made with tequila 100% agave. Learn how to make it now!
Tips to Make the Best Frozen Margarita
If you’re looking for the perfect summer cocktail, look no further than the Margarita Slush.
The combination of tequila, triple sec, and lime juice is a classic for a reason: it’s delicious! But there are still plenty of ways to make it even better—and we’re here to show you how.
Here are our tips for making the best frozen margarita:
- Use premium tequila. You can get away with cheaper stuff if you’re mixing it with other ingredients (for example, in a daiquiri), but when it comes down to just tequila and ice, splurge on the good stuff!
- Freeze your own lime juice ahead of time so that it’s nice and icy cold by the time you need it. You don’t want your drink watered down by lukewarm lime juice!
- Make sure your ice cubes are really small—you want them to melt quickly so that you get more flavor from your other ingredients.
Other Ways to Enjoy your Frozen Margarita Recipe
From frozen strawberries and mango slices to mixed berries and pineapples, there isn’t anything you can’t add to make your customized Frozen Margaritas drink. Once you’ve mastered the Margarita Slush recipe, feel free to try these exciting variations:
Frozen Extra-Lime Margarita
The Frozen Lime Margarita recipe with and extra of lime is a cool twiston the Margarita recipe that anyone can make at home.
- 1 part tequila
- 1/2 parts triple sec
- 1/2 parts simple syrup
- 5 tablespoons of lime juice
- 3 cups of ice
- Combine the tequila, triple sec, lime juice and simple syrup and freeze for at least 8 hours for best results.
- Add the mixture and ice to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Frozen Pineapple Margarita
The Fruity Frozen Margarita, refreshing and boozy, this is a cocktail to die for.
- Frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 part tequila
- 1 part fresh lime juice
- 1/2 parts triple sec
- 1 cup of ice
- Add everything to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and frothy.
Frozen Watermelon Margarita
Delicious and nutritious, the watermelon is a go-to fruit, especially during thehot summer months.
- Frozen chopped watermelon
- Lime juice
- Triple sec
- Prepare the glasses by rimming the edges with salt.
- Combine the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses, garnish and enjoy!
Frozen Strawberry Margarita
If you are yearning for something a little more fruity and colorful than your typical Frozen Margarita, then it’s about time to try out some sweet strawberry margaritas!
- Frozen strawberries
- Lime juice
- Triple sec
- Agave syrup or any sweetener of choice
- Place sliced frozen strawberries, tequila, lime juice, triple sec, sweetener, and 2 cups of ice in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust accordingly, then serve over prepared glasses.
Frozen Mango Margarita
One sip of this frosty cocktail, and you’ll instantly fall in love. It’s creamy, smooth, thirst-quenching, and bursting with flavors.
- Frozen mangoes
- Triple sec
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Agave nectar
- Chilli powder and salt to rim the glasses
- Prepare your glasses by running a lime wedge around the rim, dipping in a chili powder/salt mixture, and twisting to coat
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until slushy
- Serve into the prepared glasses, garnish and enjoy!
What is Triple Sec and Why is it Included in our Slushy Margarita Recipe?
Triple sec is a liqueur often used in the cocktail world because of its distinctive orange aroma. Its name refers to the triple distillation of orange peels used in its production, after being soaked in alcohol for 24 hours.
It can be colorless or have a slightly golden hue, and it is usually consumed along with other ingredients to create cocktails like margarita slushy. The sweet and sour aroma of the triple sec adds a citrusy touch that makes this liqueur into an essential ingredient of the margarita slush recipe.
How to Make Another Variation of a Margarita Slush
The Altos Margarita is a recipe variation that has earned its place in cocktail bars as the iconic reinterpretation of a Margarita. Altos Margarita recipe features Altos Plata (100% agave), diced local citrus and honey, which blend beautifully to create a rich and balanced drink.
The only way to expect a premium result with your frozen margaritas is using quality tequila for the mix. Altos Blanco tequila, also called Silver / Plata, is a top choice tequila for margaritas. The tequila is made from 100% Agave grown in Los Altos highlands of Jalisco, Mexico, and is widely recognized for its natural smoothness and rich taste.