Chop 1 cup ice and strawberries into the blender. Pour in the tequila, triple sec, lime juice and blend until smooth. Pour the cocktail into a chilled Margarita glass. Serve with a strawberry garnish and enjoy!
Do you love margaritas but want to give them a fruity spin? Try a Frozen Strawberry Margarita. This gorgeous Margarita is nicely balanced, with neither too much sweetness nor too much sourness. The texture is ideal –not runny and doesn’t taste watered down, which is the most disappointing.
Whether you’re making drinks for two or having a big gathering later, these are a great cocktail option to know and have on hand! Save this recipe for Cinco de Mayo or your next warm afternoon.
Ingredients of the Blended Strawberry Margarita
This “Fresa” Frozen Margarita recipe is easy and quick to prepare at home. These are all the ingredients for Strawberry Margaritas Frozen:
- ½ cup fresh or frozen strawberries, plus extra for garnish
- 1 ½ ounces tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 cup ice
How to Make a Frozen Strawberry Margarita
Frozen Margaritas can transport you to the beach or your dream vacation destination when done well. Serve up this Strawberry Margarita blended and garnished with a juicy, red berry for the ultimate summer cocktail.
Preparing this easy Frozen Strawberry Margarita recipe is a child’s play:
- Chop 1 cup ice and strawberries into the blender.
- Pour in the tequila, triple sec, lime juice and blend until smooth.
- Pour the cocktail into a chilled Margarita glass.
- Serve with a strawberry garnish and enjoy!
How to Salt the Rim of Your Frozen Strawberry Margarita
If you’d like to get a little fancy in this Blended Strawberry Margarita recipe, grind together coarse salt with dehydrated strawberries for the rim. It adds a dash of color and flavor to the drink and the glass.
To salt the rims of your glasses you need to:
- Pour salt onto a plate slightly larger than your glasses.
- Take a lime slice and rub it around the rims of the glasses and gently press or roll the glasses at an angle to coat.
Tips for Making the Best Frozen Strawberry Margarita Recipe
Make the best Blended Strawberry Margarita using these helpful tips:
- Make ahead of time: Whip up this Margarita mix a day ahead of time and freeze it. The alcohol prevents the Margarita from totally freezing, allowing it to remain in a slushy form. So, all you have to do is give it a quick blitz shortly before serving.
- Turn this recipe into a pitcher drink: Multiply the ingredient amounts by the number of servings for Frozen Strawberry Margarita for a large crowd.
- Blend to your desired consistency: Add more ice for a thicker drink and less for a lighter one. Want it less icy? Keep blending for more of a blended, juice-like texture.
- Fresh strawberries? Use the same amount as indicated in the recipe, but add 1 cup of ice cubes as well.
- Add some bubbles: Add a splash of sparkling fruit juice or clear soda to the mix before serving for a delicious, fizzy twist.
- Don’t forget the rim: A rim not only adds to the beauty of the Marg, but it also adds to the drink’s complexity. If you’re still not sure, rim half the glass to get a taste of both.
- Make it even sweeter: Sweeten with simple syrup, honey, or agave. To make simple syrup, boil equal parts water and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
Variations of the Frozen Strawberry Margarita Recipe
Once you have tried the classic elaboration, you can have fun with these best Strawberry Margarita recipes:
- Create a custom Margarita: Strawberry pairs well with banana, blueberry, mango, peach, pineapple and raspberry.
- Use homemade strawberry syrup: Combine 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Once all of the sugar has dissolved, add 2 cups of quartered strawberries and bring to a boil for 10 minutes. Simmer for 10 minutes, remove from the heat, cool to room temperature, strain and refrigerate.
- Cut back on the alcohol: If this recipe is too boozy for you, try 1 ounce of tequila, ½ ounce triple sec and lime juice.
- Make a mocktail: Make this Frozen Strawberry Margarita mix non-alcoholic by replacing soda or orange juice for the tequila before blending.
100% Agave Tequila for Your Frozen Strawberry Margarita Mix
This Frozen Strawberry Margarita is absolutely delicious. It’s one of those cocktails where you know you’re going to prepare another batch as soon as you finish the last sip. Each of them is wonderfully smooth, bursting with vibrant strawberry flavor and with just a hint of tequila.
Speaking of tequila, make this easy Frozen Strawberry Margarita with our Olmeca Altos Blanco (unaged tequila). The delicate flavors of a Reposado or Añejo will be lost in this frozen cocktail and may clash with the strawberry flavor.
Altos Plata Tequila is perhaps the bartenders’ favorite tequila for margaritas. It’s a smooth 100% agave tequila that highlights the pure expression of agave. With an herbaceous taste and a spicy, warm finish, the flavor is well-balanced and wonderfully complements the freshly squeezed lime juice.