Do you want to know how many calories a typical bottle of tequila has? How many calories are in a shot of tequila? Or any of the most famous cocktails made with this drink? If you’re watching your calorie intake but still want to indulge in the good things in life, we have answers to all these questions. We’ll also suggest cocktails that can fit into your diet and still allow you to enjoy a good tequila drink.
Tequila Calories: How Many Calories Does a Bottle Have?
Tequilas are a low-fat alcoholic beverage but with a significant calorie content due to their high alcohol concentration. Standard tequilas usually have between 190 – 220 kcal, depending on the amount of alcohol, which typically ranges from 30% to 40%.
Regarding Altos tequilas, here is the nutritional information regarding calories per 100 ml:
- Blanco Tequila Calories: 207 kcal for the 38% version, 218 kcal for the 40% version.
- Reposado Tequila Calories: 207 kcal for the 38% version, 218 kcal for the 40% version.
- Añejo Tequila Calories: 207 kcal.
As can be seen, all tequilas have the same amount of calories. What about fat? Well, all three tequilas have exactly 0 grams of fat per bottle.
Calories in a Shot of Tequila
First of all, we need to clarify how much tequila is in a shot. Generally, a “shot” of tequila refers to a standard measure of 1.5 fluid ounces (44 ml) of tequila.
Therefore, if we take our Altos tequilas as a reference, 44 ml of any type of Altos tequila can be either 91 kcal for the 38% version or 95 kcal for the 40% version.
How Many Calories Do the Most Famous Tequila Cocktails Have?
Finally, let’s see how many calories several of the most famous cocktails that can be made with tequila have.
- Paloma: It has approximately 203 kcal, considering the Altos Paloma version with 60 ml of Altos Plata, 60 ml of pink grapefruit juice, 30 ml of lemon juice, and 15 ml of agave syrup.
- Margarita: 60 ml Altos Plata, 30 ml of agave syrup, and 30 ml of citrus juice, making it about 230 calories.
- Skinny Margarita: This is a version of the Margarita that has around 130-180 calories. If you’re interested in preparing it, you only need to mix 1 ½ ounces of Silver (Blanco) tequila (about 3 tablespoons), 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 large lime), 1 ½ tablespoons of freshly squeezed orange juice, 1 teaspoon of agave nectar (add 2 if you like it very sweet), and salt and lime wedges for the rim and garnish.
Altos Tequila, Calories Well Ingested
Whether or not you’re on a diet, counting calories for every meal, take a worthwhile break. If you’re going to have a shot of tequila or a cocktail like Margarita or Paloma, do it with a high-quality tequila. Do it with Altos.