To make this tequila and watermelon cocktail, simply follow the steps below: Add all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Don’t worry if you don’t have a cocktail shaker. Any container with a lid will suffice. Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds to mix and chill the cocktail. Double strain into an ice-filled glass. Garnish with a small watermelon triangle and a basil leaf, if desired.
What comes to mind when you think of watermelon? In our case, the sight of watermelons means one thing –pure enjoyment! Whether you prefer them crunchy or pureed, watermelons are wonderfully hydrating, delectable, and juicy.
In this Spicy Watermelon cocktail, we add the sweetness of watermelon and the spice of Ancho-Reyes Verde to the Classic Margarita. The basil syrup wonderfully balances Altos Plata’s bold agave notes, creating a delightful watermelon tequila cocktail for sunny days.
We love this watermelon tequila drink since it is so straightforward. So, whether you are a seasoned mixologist or just trying your hand in the world of cocktails, creating this one will be a breeze. Simply combine the ingredients in a shaker, strain, and serve! It’s as simple as that.
If you’re looking to craft the best cocktail watermelon tequila that will boost your moods while leaving you refreshed, use only the finest and freshest ingredients.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 1⁄3 Parts (40ml) Altos Plata
- 2⁄3 Part (20ml) Ancho Reyes Verde
- 1⁄2 Part (15ml) Basil Syrup
- 1 1⁄2 Parts (45ml) Fresh Watermelon Juice
- 2⁄3 Part (20ml) Fresh Lime Juice
1oz = 30ml
How to Make The Altos Spicy Watermelon Cocktail
Here comes the exciting part –crafting the watermelon tequila cocktail from scratch! And best of all? It will take you no more than five minutes!
To make this tequila and watermelon cocktail, simply follow the steps below:
- Add all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Don’t worry if you don’t have a cocktail shaker. Any container with a lid will suffice.
- Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds to mix and chill the cocktail.
- Double strain into an ice-filled glass.
- Garnish with a small watermelon triangle and a basil leaf, if desired.
How Can I Make The Basil Simple Syrup?
All you need is water, sugar, and basil leaves to create this flavorsome herbal combination.
What will you need?
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup basil leaves
Once you have all the ingredients ready, then you should:
- In a small saucepan, combine water, sugar, and basil leaves.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce the heat and let the mix simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and steep syrup for approximately 30 minutes.
- Strain the syrup into a sterilized glass jar through a mesh strainer and set it aside to cool.
Apart from imparting a sweet herbal flavor to this Spicy Watermelon cocktail, the syrup complements the season’s most refreshing cocktails, mocktails, lemonades, as well as frozen delights.
Tips to Make The best Tequila And Watermelon Recipe
The key to a fantastic Spicy Watermelon cocktail is to start with high-quality ingredients. Therefore, we have some tips for you to prepare the best watermelon tequila recipe:
- Use good tequila: The quality of your watermelon tequila is highly dependent on the tequila you use. Use a premium tequila exclusively made of 100% agave, such as Altos Plata tequila.
- Make your fresh watermelon juice: Blend your juice for a more nutritious and delectable Spicy Watermelon cocktail.
- Use fresh lime juice: Roll the limes on a countertop to make juicing easier. It’s also advisable to squeeze the limes just before creating the cocktail for a more vibrant flavor.
- Chop a bit of chili with seeds included: The seeds will add a little more heat if you like your cocktail watermelon tequila extra spicy!
- Add your favorite orange liqueur: Add a splash of orange liqueur to the drink for an extra dose of flavor and sweetness.
- Add a little lemongrass to the mix: If you want to experiment with different flavors, you can add a little lemongrass to the syrup.
When is THE best Time to Consume This Watermelon Tequila Drink?
This cocktail is perfect when the sun is out and the body needs some hydration. Though fantastic for the summer, this watermelon tequila cocktail is also ideal for any occasion that requires a dash of spice!
Other Versions of Spicy Tequila and Watermelon Drink
Once you’ve mastered the basic version, here are some ways to tweak the recipe:
Frozen Spicy Watermelon Margarita
Spicy Watermelon Margaritas are tasty, but a Spicy Frozen Margarita is so much better! Substitute a few chunks of frozen watermelon for the fresh juice and blend until smooth.
Skinny Spicy Watermelon Margarita
A skinny Margarita is a low-calorie cocktail made with tequila, fresh lime juice, fresh orange juice (rather than calorie-laden orange liqueur), and agave nectar. Use watermelon juice as the sweetener in this recipe, along with a bit of agave.
History of the Altos Spicy Watermelon Cocktail Recipe
Simon Kistenfeger is the brain behind this incredible watermelon tequila cocktail recipe. He is on top of the world’s best bartenders, and has achieved many first-place awards during his career at cocktail making.
His mantra, “Life is a journey, not a destination” is his absolute mantra. And that’s exactly why he has learned a lot. He is a natural traveler, which has guided him to immerse himself in many different cultures all over the world.
Premium Tequila For The Tastiest Spicy Watermelon Drink
Olmeca Altos’ quality and taste are very well considered in the world of tequila. Step up your Margarita game with Altos tequila, which is crafted from 100% agave grown in the Altos highlands of Jalisco, Mexico.