Tequila Soda: Our Altos Sonic
Add the ingredients in a tall glass or tumbler filled with ice. The order is indifferent. Garnish with a mint sprig and lime coin.
Looking for a cocktail that is simple and quick to prepare? Of all the tequila cocktails, tequila and soda is the simplest. Our version, the Altos Sonic, has only 3 ingredients: Altos Plata, tonic and club soda. Only 5 minutes. Just because it’s simple doesn’t mean it tastes simple. The mix of the bitterness of the tonic and the complex flavor of the tequila create a delicious drink.
Ingredients to Prepare this Tequila and Soda Recipe
The simplest version has 3 ingredients. We suggest the Altos Sonic recipe, with the addition of lime and mint:
- 50 ml / 1 ⅓ parts Altos Plata
- Equal parts of tonic water and club soda to top
- Lime and mint (optional)
How to Make Our Altos Sonic with Tequila and Club Soda
Once you have prepared the ingredients, you simply have to:
- Add the ingredients in a tall glass or tumbler filled with ice. The order is indifferent.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and lime coin.
Can you create a professional cocktail in just two steps? Here is the proof.
Other Citrus Fruits to Combine with Tequila Soda Water
If you don’t particularly like lime, or you want to slightly vary the flavor of the cocktail, we recommend using other citrus fruits as an accompaniment. It is normal to prepare it with lime, but here are three alternative citrus fruits that you can consider:
- Orange: to give a sweeter touch to an already bitter drink.
- Lemon: although sweeter than lime, it keeps the characteristic acidity of lime intact.
- Grapefruit: a version more similar to Paloma.
Recommendations Similar to Altos Sonic Cocktail
If you liked this tequila and soda recipe, here are some other cocktails that we think you might be interested in:
- Ranch Water Recipe: another simple-to-make drink. Tequila blanco, water and lime. You will hardly find a cocktail in this category made with more everyday ingredients.
- Lemon Margarita: lime usually stars in a large part of cocktails, but lemon maintains an ideal combination of acidity and sweetness.
- Tequila Collins: a sweeter cocktail than the rest, but it remains in the line of these drinks made with soda or tonic and simple to prepare.
Altos Tequila: Simple Cocktails that Go Up a Level
Although this Altos Sonic is practically the combination of tequila and soda, the Altos Plata takes the simplicity of a complex cocktail to another level. It’s not easy to do so much with so little, so you always need high-quality ingredients. That’s Altos Plata, a 100% blue agave tequila from Jalisco, Mexico.