Making Strawberry Margarita on the rocks: Start by washing the strawberries and removing the leafy stems. Add everything to a blender and whizz until smooth. Divide the Margarita mix between glasses and add ice and a frozen lime slice to serve.
If you’re looking for a refreshing beverage to enjoy on a hot summer day, this Strawberry Margarita is the drink for you. It is sweet, refreshing, with just the right amount of booze, and it’s delicious on the rocks or frozen!
The best part about this easy Strawberry Margarita is that it only takes five minutes and a few simple steps to prepare. Combine all ingredients in a blender, blend shaker, shake vigorously, strain, and serve.
Choose a good-quality Blanco tequila and fresh strawberries for the best homemade Strawberry Margarita recipe. It doesn’t have to be an expensive tequila because the strawberries already have a strong flavor, so a budget-friendly 100% agave tequila will do.
So, what goes into a Strawberry Margarita? This recipe contains all-natural, delicious ingredients!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 500g strawberries, as ripe as possible with stalks removed
- 240ml tequila
- 120ml orange liqueur, Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 4 tbsp sugar syrup or sweetener of choice
- 2 limes, juiced plus extra slices for the garnish
1oz = 30ml
Strawberry Margarita Ingredients
- Strawberries: For the best results, use fresh, ripe strawberries! These margaritas taste their finest when made with fresh juice. Berries are at their peak in the spring and summer, so stock up on them while you can!
- Tequila: The secret to a delicious Margarita lies in the quality of tequila. So, whether you prefer silver or reposado tequila in your Margaritas, choose a bottle of high quality, ideally made entirely of agave.
- Orange liqueur: This extra dash of liqueur not only raises the alcohol content of the cocktail but also imparts a fruity flavor that pairs nicely with the fresh berries.
- Sweetener: Simple syrup, honey, agave nectar are all sweeteners you can use to balance the tartness and add a hint of sweetness. In this recipe, strawberry simple syrup (recipe below) works wonders.
- Lime juice: Use freshly squeezed lime juice rather than concentrated store-bought juice! Not only will the results be undeniably better as a result of the fresh flavor, but you will also avoid any preservatives or additives in your drink.
How to Make a Strawberry Margarita
Like most Margarita recipes, this Strawberry Margarita is easy to craft and will only take you 5 minutes!
Making Strawberry Margarita on the rocks:
- Start by washing the strawberries and removing the leafy stems.
- Add everything to a blender and whizz until smooth.
- Divide the Margarita mix between glasses and add ice and a frozen lime slice to serve.
How to Make a Frozen Strawberry Margarita
Enjoy this Frozen Strawberry Margarita recipe with your family and friends this summer! It only takes 10 minutes to be ready.
This is what you’ll need for 2 servings of this easy Frozen Strawberry Margarita:
- 450g frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (2 large limes)
- 4 oz Blanco tequila
- 2 oz orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau
- Optional: Coarse sugar, lime wedges, and whole fresh strawberries for garnish
How to make it? It’s very easy:
- In a blender, combine half of the frozen strawberries, lime juice, tequila, and orange liqueur.
- While the blender is still running, remove the vent cap from the blender lid and add the remaining strawberries one at a time.
- Blend until all of the berries have been incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into serving glasses and garnish with lime wheels and strawberries. Serve and enjoy!
Note: If you want a thicker Strawberry Margarita cocktail, add extra ice until you attain your desired consistency. Add a little water if you want a thinner consistency.
How to Rim Your Strawberry Margarita Glass?
While the rim of the glass is often dipped in salt, coarse sugar can be substituted for salt in this cocktail.
To make a beautiful rim for this fresh Strawberry Margarita:
- In a small plate or bowl, pour some coarse sugar
- Cut a wedge of lime and then cut a notch into the flesh and run it around the rim of the glass
- Dip the rim of the glass into the sugar and twist it to coat
- Enjoy your salted/sugared creation!
Other Versions of TheStrawberry Margarita Recipe
After you’ve mastered the basic Strawberry Margarita recipe, try some of these exciting variations:
- More strawberries. Prefer a fruitier beverage? Then top it with additional strawberries.
- Fruity mix. You can also incorporate additional fruits into the mix, such as mango banana, kiwi, peaches, pineapple, and various berries.
- Roasted berries. Consider substituting roasted strawberries for the fresh strawberries in this cocktail. You will be stunned!
- Add some heat. Infuse your Strawberry Margarita recipe with a wonderful dose of heat by slicing a jalapeno lengthwise and steeping it in a glass of tequila for around 20-30 minutes, depending on your preferred level of heat.
- Use homemade strawberry syrup instead. Alternatively, make a delectable homemade strawberry syrup by boiling strawberries, water, and sugar for around 10 minutes.
- Strawberry mocktails for everyone. Substitute soda or sparkling water for the tequila in this recipe. That would be fantastic for kids!
100% Agave Tequila For Your Strawberry Margarita Drink
A classic agave tequila from Olmeca Altos, our Altos Plata is made from 100% blue Weber agave from the Los Altos region of Jalisco. Altos is a smooth tequila with vibrant and integrated aromas of citrus, olive brine, and agave, and its well-rounded edges will play nicely with the fresh strawberries and lime juice in your Strawberry Margarita.