Add the strawberries, tequila, lime juice, honey and triple sec to a blender Pulse until completely smooth Let the mix rest for about 3 minutes and skim off foam Add more tequila or sweetener to your liking Fill each glass about half full with ice Serve the cocktail, garnish and enjoy!
Indulge in the exquisite taste of strawberry tequila drinks that are both sweet and juicy, with a delightful hint of tartness. Strawberries, nature’s jewels, become the ultimate thirst quenchers when they unite with tequila and zesty lime juice. Together, they craft a mesmerizing strawberry tequila cocktail known as the Altos Strawberry Margarita—a beverage that promises a delectable punch to your taste buds.
Our adoration for this strawberry margarita cocktail lies in its sheer simplicity. A mere five ingredients stand between you and your glass of delight, and there’s no need for an extravagant cocktail shaker. Just toss everything into a blender, give it a whirl, and watch the magic unfold.
Are you on the lookout for a new and exciting drink to serve at your next gathering? Look no further. This strawberry and tequila drink is the perfect addition to your beverage lineup. Whether it’s sipped on its own or alongside other libations, it is guaranteed to impress even the most discerning of guests at your event. Elevate your hosting game with the best tequila for strawberry margaritas, and experience the joy of serving unforgettable strawberry cocktails with tequila.
Ingredients to Prepare the Altos Strawberry Margarita
This easy and refreshing homemade Strawberry Margarita recipe comes together in minutes. Here’s what you’ll need:
Strawberry Margarita ingredients
- 1 cup tequila
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 5-6 limes)
- 1/3 cup honey or sweetener of choice
- ¼ cup triple sec
- Lime wedges and strawberries for garnish
- Salt for the rim
How to Make the Best Strawberry Margarita Mix
Want a fruity twist on your margaritas? This Strawberry Margarita on the rocks comes together in five minutes and is a delightful treat. Let’s see how it’s made!
- Add the strawberries, tequila, lime juice, honey and triple sec to a blender
- Pulse until completely smooth
- Let the mix rest for about 3 minutes and skim off foam
- Add more tequila or sweetener to your liking
- Fill each glass about half full with ice
- Serve the cocktail, garnish and enjoy!
How to Make a Strawberry Margarita Cocktail
Are you wondering how to make a homemade frozen Strawberry Margarita? This cocktail is perfect to drink on sunny days or warm summer nights, so here is an easy frozen Strawberry Margarita recipe:
To make fresh frozen Strawberry Margarita, is as simple as combining frozen strawberries with a couple cups of crushed ice in a blender.
Tip: We recommend adding an extra shot of tequila to frozen margaritas because the ice will dilute the drink. Taste as you go and adjust to suit your preference.
Tips for Marking the Best Strawberry Margarita Recipe
The Strawberry Margarita is certainly a nice recipe to cool down hot days, but if you want to elevate it to a premium cocktail just follow these simple steps:
- Elevate your cocktail with a salt rim. This is a personal preference and entirely up to you. Use a salt, sugar (or a mix of the two), or Margarita mix.
- How to rim your glass. Run a lime wedge around the upper outer rim of your glasses. Roll it into the Margarita salt mixture and set aside.
- Adjust to your preference. Making your drinks gives you complete control over the flavor profile. Like it double? Add more tequila. Prefer your Strawberry Margarita drink a little sweeter? Add more honey. A single batch of this recipe yields about 4-5 Strawberry Margarita cocktails. Feel free to adjust the number of ingredients up or down to make the desired number of servings.
- Make these Strawberry Margaritas ahead of time. To make the Margarita ahead of time, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Store in the refrigerator for up to one day if serving on the rocks, or in the freezer if serving frozen.
What Tequila is the Best For Strawberry Margaritas Cocktail?
This Strawberry Margarita recipe can be made with any tequila you like, but keep these things in mind:
- Invest in a decent bottle of tequila: The quality of the booze determines the cocktail’s flavor. That said, look for a mid-range tequila, preferably one that is 100% agave.
- Blanco or Reposado, whichever works for you: Margaritas made with reposado tequila are richer and more complex due to the addition of aged tequila.
For this delicious, frosty Margarita, we recommend tequila Blanco! Strawberries have a lot of flavor and texture; therefore, they require less nuance in the recipe.
Variations for Strawberry Cocktails with Tequila
Once you master the classic recipe, you can also opt for other versions of the cocktail:
- Can’t find any fresh strawberries? Use them frozen instead. Thaw to make on the rock version.
- Serving this Strawberry Margarita fusion frozen? It’s best to use frozen strawberries instead of fresh ones to make the cocktail exceptionally slushy without adding excessive ice and risk watering down the flavor.
- Serving on the rocks? For an ideal fresh Strawberry Margarita with the least dilution possible, use the biggest ice cubes you can find.
- Spice it up! You may be surprised to learn that adding a hint of heat to strawberries improves their flavor. Pepper reduces the harshness of strawberries while also bringing out their sweetness, practically turning them into candy. Additionally, it imparts a delicious, moderately spicy aftertaste to the cocktail.
- Don’t have any honey? You can use agave syrup, simple syrup, granulated sugar or homemade strawberry syrup.
Strawberry syrup DIY recipe
- Add 1 ½ cups sliced strawberries and 4 cups water in a saucepan and bring the mix to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Skim any foam that forms at the top.
- Strain the strawberry liquid and discard the solids.
- Add 2 cups sugar and bring back to a boil for about 5 minutes, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour into an airtight glass container and refrigerate (should last for a few weeks).
Use the syrup in this Strawberry Margarita recipe, add it to mocktails, or pour it over pancakes and waffles!
Enjoy your Strawberry Margarita Cocktail With Altos
Your Altos Strawberry Margarita will only be as good as the tequila. Altos Tequila is an excellent and reasonably priced tequila, highly sought after for its floral, herbal and fragrant flavors.
Crafted from the blue Weber agave grown in the Los Altos highlands of Jalisco, the premium tequila offers a sweet and smooth profile perfect for this Strawberry Margarita recipe. Its well-rounded edges pair nicely with the fresh lime juice in your Strawberry Margarita.