The combination of tequila and pineapple juice is a match made in heaven. Our Smokin’ Aces cocktail adds a smoky touch to the Pineapple Margarita with the addition of Mezcal. Think Smoked Pineapple Martini but with a twist!
If you’re unfamiliar with Mezcal, think of it as tequila’s smoky cousin. Both come from the agave plant but are processed in quite different ways. The making of tequila involves steaming in ovens and distilling in copper pots, while Mezcal production calls for cooking in earthen pits and distilling in clay pots.
The two flavors merge wonderfully in a cocktail, such as the Altos Smokin’ Aces, to provide a rich fusion of flavors with a smooth drinking experience.
Simple ingredients make this Smoked Pineapple Margarita a breeze to craft. Pour everything into a cocktail shaker or jar with a lid, shake, strain, and voila!
Ingredients in this Tequila Pineapple Cocktail
Did someone say happy hour? Time to gather our ingredients and whip up some boozy Smokin’ Aces!
What you will need for this smoky cocktail:
- 2 Parts (60 ml) Altos Plata
- 1 Part (30 ml) Del Maguey Vida Mezcal
- ½ Part (15 ml) Lillet Blanc
- 2 Parts (60 ml) pineapple puree
- 1 bar spoon agave syrup
- 1 bar spoon lime juice
How to Make the Smokin’ Aces, Our Tequila and Pineapple Recipe
The best thing about this smoky cocktail is how simple it is to make it at home. Toss everything into a cocktail shaker with ice and give it a good shake!
- In a shaker with ice, combine all of the ingredients. Use a container with a tight-fitting lid, such as a mason jar, water bottle, or the cup of a blender or smoothie maker if you don’t have a cocktail shaker.
- Double strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a pineapple leaf or your favorite garnish (pineapple wedge, lime slice).
A Beautiful Salt Rim to Spruce Things Up
A salt rim enhances the charm of this tequila with pineapple recipe. You may even add some spices to give it a spicy kick!
Adorn your glasses in these easy steps:
- Pour your rim salt onto a small plate.
- Wet the rims of your glasses with a lime wedge.
- Dip the rim in the salt and twist to coat.
- Shake off any excess and fill the glass with ice.
Other Versions of Tequila and Pineapple Juice Drinks
Here are several ways you can switch things up in this smoky tequila with pineapple fusion:
This drink is brimming with tropical vibes, and boy, it is delicious!
- 2 Parts Tequila, 100% Agave
- 1 Part Orange Liqueur
- 3 Parts Pineapple Juice
- ½ Part Lime Juice
- 2 Parts Coconut Water
- Garnish: Lime slices, pineapple wedges, maraschino cherries
- Pour all liquid ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake vigorously for a few seconds
- Serve, garnish and enjoy!
Pineapple Tequila Sunrise
Never had a Pineapple Tequila Sunrise before? You’re in for a sweet surprise. The sweetness of grenadine complements the acidity of orange juice to produce a delightfully pleasant and delicious cocktail.
- 4 Ounces Orange Juice
- 2 Ounces Tequila
- 1 Ounce Grenadine
- Ice Cubes
- Garnish (optional)
- In a glass, add ice cubes (about halfway full)
- Add the tequila and orange juice.
- Add grenadine to the mix
- If desired, garnish with a maraschino cherry and an orange slice.
The Inspiration Behind the Smokin’ Aces
Smokin’ Aces is our take on a Smoked Pineapple Martini. We designed the tequila pineapple cocktail specifically for the Altos profile to complement the gorgeously smoky Del Maguey Vida Mezcal. With a Smokin’ Aces, you may add a zesty kick to your summer days!
Try this Smoky Pineapple Margarita the next time you want to serve margaritas for a fun and intriguing variation. Remember to use Altos tequila, which is 100% agave, for the most-flavorsome Margarita!