Rim your glass with the tajin seasoning as outlined above Pour the tequila and top with some of the pineapple mix Pour the drink back and forth between 2 glasses to mix well Add more ice if necessary Garnish with jalapeno slices and pineapple wedge, if desired.
Tequila, pineapple, and jalapenos in one drink! If you want to enjoy a fruity and spicy mix, this is the perfect recipe. In addition, the flavor of pineapple fits perfectly with the intense spiciness of jalapeno.
To prepare this pineapple and jalapeno margarita mix, we will propose an amount of chili, but keep in mind that you should adapt it to your tastes and the amount of heat you can handle.
Ingredients to Make the Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita Recipe
To prepare this pineapple jalapeno margarita on the rocks you only need:
- 3 oz tequila
- 1 oz Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 1 jalapeño chile, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 teaspoons tajin seasoning
- Optional: Jalapeño slices and pineapple wedges for garnish
How to Prepare the Pineapple Jalapeno Margarita Mix
Prepare the spice mix:
- Bring pineapple juice, sugar and jalapeño to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 3 minutes
- Strain the solids and let the mix cool completely in the fridge for about 1 hour
- Stir in lime juice.
Then, you have to:
- Rim your glass with the tajin seasoning as outlined above
- Pour the tequila and top with some of the pineapple mix
- Pour the drink back and forth between 2 glasses to mix well
- Add more ice if necessary
- Garnish with jalapeno slices and pineapple wedge, if desired.
Olmeca Altos, Pineapple, and Jalapenos… What More Do We Want?
This is a complex mixture, a cocktail that combines intense flavor ingredients and must be treated with care. The pineapple and jalapeno in the margarita are the stars of the flavor profile that interact in harmony, but it is easy to break that harmony. That’s why we need to use the right tequila. Olmeca Altos Plata, or even Reposado, are the ideal tequila for the mix. With a smooth flavor between citrusy and sweet, it’s the perfect tequila for a different margarita.