Add the tequila, vodka, gin, white rum, and triple sec in a mixing glass. Add the lime juice and agave syrup. Shake well with ice. Pour the mixture into a tall glass with ice. Fill the glass with cola soda. Garnish with a slice of lemon or lime.
The Long Island is a classic cocktail known by all, but far from what the name may evoke: it doesn’t contain tea!
Despite the mixture of ingredients may remind us of a certain tea flavor, and its color also helps, it doesn’t contain a drop of it. What it does contain and makes it a dangerous cocktail is the mixture of up to five different alcoholic beverages.
As for its history, like most cocktails, there are several versions about its origins. Regardless, you can’t miss this version of Altos of one of the most famous cocktails.
Ingredients to prepare the Iced Tea with Tequila:
This is a cocktail that uses a wide variety of different alcoholic beverages, but in this version of Altos we will give greater priority to tequila:
- 2 oz of tequila Reposado, the best tequila for the long island cocktail
- 1 oz of vodka
- 1 oz of gin
- 1 oz of white rum
- 1/2 oz of triple sec
- 4 oz of lime juice
- 2 oz of simple syrup or agave syrup
- Cola soda
- Lemons or limes for garnish
How to prepare the Tequila Long Island Iced Tea:
Despite having a wide variety of ingredients, preparing this tea cocktail is not complicated, you just need to:
- Add the tequila, vodka, gin, white rum, and triple sec in a mixing glass.
- Add the lime juice and agave syrup.
- Shake well with ice.
- Pour the mixture into a tall glass with ice.
- Fill the glass with cola soda.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon or lime.
Now all that’s left is to enjoy the result!
Foods to Accompany the Altos Tequila Long Island Iced Tea
This is a versatile cocktail that can be paired with different types of food. If you need recommendations to not drink it alone, and also help you withstand the high amount of alcohol in this, we leave you our recommendations:
- Appetizers: Nachos, cheese sticks, chicken wings or any other fried and crispy appetizer.
- Seafood: The citrus flavor of the cocktail pairs well with fresh seafood such as shrimp, octopus, or ceviche.
- Mexican food: Dishes such as tacos, burritos, or enchiladas are an excellent option to accompany it. From Altos, we have different taco recipes such as Flautas de Pollo, Taco De Papa Con Chorizo, Tacos De Cochinita Pibil, Tacos De Pescado Baja Style, or Tacos De Chorizo.
Olmeca Altos as the Ideal Companion to the Long Island Iced Tea
We have given a prominent role to tequila in this version of the classic Long Island, but not all tequilas are the same. As in any recipe, the quality of the individual ingredients is the key to achieving an excellent result, a cocktail that you can hardly forget. That is why Altos Tequila was created, to offer that quality leap provided by our two expert barmen, Dre Masso and Henry Bassant, along with master tequila maker Jesús Hernandez, in the production of a tequila: “naturally smooth, high quality, accessible and with a flavor capable of penetrating and impacting in complex cocktails with great taste.”