Prepare the glasses: Place the Margarita glasses in the freezer for a few minutes to frost them. Combine the ingredients: Mix together all the ingredients, except the Margarita salt. Salt the rims: Remove cups from the freezer. Run a lime wedge along their rims and dip in the Margarita salt. Serve: Add some ice into the glass, then pour the cocktail. Garnish with a lime wedge, or any other fruit of your choice.
There are plenty of reasons to love mangoes. To begin, they are quite juicy. Get the right variety and you will fall in love instantly! There are very few mango cocktails that can compete with the Mango Margarita. It’s super delicious and is certain to keep your guests coming back for seconds.
This Mango Margarita drink has a way of transporting you to an island getaway, lazing on the beach, or sailing on a yacht. Whether you like your fruity cocktails frozen or on the rocks, you are in for a treat. This recipe includes both!
We recommend using fresh mango juice for the best Mango Margarita recipe. But if you can’t find any, mango nectar works just as well.
Cocktails before sunset? Sure, why not? Here’s all Mango Margarita ingredients you’ll need to prepare a glass of this tropical beauty:
- 1½ oz reposado tequila
- ½ oz triple sec (Grand Marnier or Cointreau)
- ½ cup mango juice
- Fresh lime juice (½ large lime)
- 1 cups ice
- Margarita salt: Sweet, spicy or salty, it’s all up to you
How to Make a Mango Margarita
We suggest serving this Mango Margarita on the rocks and with a salted rim:
- Prepare the glasses: Place the Margarita glasses in the freezer for a few minutes to frost them.
- Combine the ingredients: Mix together all the ingredients, except the Margarita salt.
- Salt the rims: Remove cups from the freezer. Run a lime wedge along their rims and dip in the Margarita salt.
- Serve: Add some ice into the glass, then pour the cocktail. Garnish with a lime wedge, or any other fruit of your choice.
Tips to Make the Best Mango Margarita Cocktail
The following are some helpful tips for crafting the tastiest fresh Mango Margarita recipe:
- Prepare in advance: Refrigerate the Margarita mix in an airtight container for up to 24 hours. Only keep the Frozen Margaritas in the freezer for an hour or two before serving because the ice will begin to melt, making them thinner.
- Double or triple to make a pitcher: Multiply by the number of servings to make a large batch.
- Adjust the ingredients to suit your taste: Reduce or increase the ingredients according to your preference.
- Don’t forget the garnish: Rims are so important for margaritas, and this fresh Mango Margarita is no exception. Rub a fresh lime around each glass before dipping in your choice Margarita salt—sugar, salt or chili. A slice of lime lends a wonderful fresh fragrance as well.
- Use frozen mango for the frozen Mango Margarita: You can use fresh, but it takes more effort and isn’t as foamy and ice cold.
What’s the Best Tequila for Mango Margaritas?
Cocktails are only as good as the alcohol they contain. That being said, the best tequila for this homemade Mango Margarita or any other Margarita is 100% agave tequila.
We recommend using Reposado tequila (slightly aged) for the on the rocks Mango Margarita recipe. If you choose to make it frozen, then opt for a Silver tequila. The ice will dilute the mix and that will affect the taste, so you don’t want to be wasting a more powerful tequila.
Other Versions of the Mango Margarita Recipe
This easy Mango Margarita recipe is quite customizable, making it suitable for any season or occasion:
- Make it skinny: Substitute fresh orange juice with a dash of agave nectar for the calorie-laden triple sec.
- Make it spicy: Simply place some jalapeno slices in the tequila and leave it for a few hours to infuse.
- Make it frozen: Add some ice to the mix and put it all together in a blender machine for the most refreshing variation.
- Use different fruits: Don’t have mangoes? Use anything you have on hand in the kitchen. This recipe Mango Margarita works well with watermelon, pineapple, or any type of berries.
- No agave syrup? You can use honey, cane syrup, simple syrup or even plain granulated sugar!
- Make a mocktail: Swap the tequila for Mango nectar and triple sec for orange juice.
A High-quality Tequila for Your Mango Margarita Cocktail
It’s easy to see why Olmeca Altos has garnered so much praise —this 100% agave unaged tequila is rich and complex, with notes of cooked agave, citrus and pepper.
Our choice of tequila for this tropical recipe is the Altos Reposado, which is matured in 200-liter bourbon barrels for at least a year for a more complex and balanced character.
The buttery and oaky vanilla flavor of our Reposado is precisely why we recommend it to make the best Mango Margarita.