Tequila can be enjoyed in infinitely diverse ways. From the most famous cocktails, such as the Margarita or the Paloma, to lesser known but equally delicious drinks, such as the Cactus Cooler Recipe or the blueberry version of the Margarita.
However, this time we are going to focus on the simplest preparation of tequila, but no less important for that: the shots.
The Simplest: How to Take a Tequila Shot with Lime and Salt?
The tequila shot with lime and salt is essential for two reasons: first, you can’t drink tequila any easier; second, you still have a totally delicious and, why not, absolutely fun drink!
To drink it, all you have to do is:
- Step one: lick the part of your hand between your thumb and wrist. Once wet, add salt (which will stick to your hand).
- Step two: have a slice of lemon or lime ready.
- Step three: lick the salt off your hand, drink the shot of tequila and bite the slice of lemon or lime.
Other Tequila Shots that You Have to Taste
Other traditional ways to drink a good tequila shot is through the Banderita or the Sangrita.
- Sangrita Shot: this is a more complex drink than the previous one. To prepare it you will need 750 ml of tomato juice, 100 ml of lime juice, 100 ml of lemon juice, a pinch of Tabasco, a pinch of grenadine, 2 pinches of sea salt, 2 pinches of ground black pepper and Altos Tequila Plata.With this you will be able to prepare a whole pitcher of Sangrita and, believe us, you will enjoy them.
- Bandera: this is a mix of three tequila shots, the classic one with only Altos Plata, the Sangrita and a third one that is really a shot with 45 ml of lime juice. With this you will form the Mexican flag, hence its name.
A Shot of Olmeca Altos is More than Just a Shot
In its most original form, tequila is when it shows its weaknesses and its strengths. That’s when a good tequila comes into its own and when you know which bad tequila not to buy again. That’s why a shot can’t be beat if you use a high quality tequila like Olmeca Altos. A complex flavor that, at the same time, is delicious to drink.