Take a lime and cut a notch in it. Run it around the edge of the glass Pour some Margarita salt (e.g., Tajin salt for spice lovers) onto a small plate and dip the glass upside down Gently press to coat and admire your handiwork!
Cucumber Margaritas are an absolute must-try! The cocktail has a delectably crisp, refreshing taste, and it blends beautifully with lime and tequila. It is a lovely flavor that will take your taste buds to seventh heaven.
This Cucumber Margarita recipe throws a refreshing spin on the classic by incorporating the ultimate hydrating ingredient-cucumber juice. On hot summer days, it’s one of the best hydrating Margarita recipes, and it’s also one of the easiest and quickest to make.
Cucumber margaritas are light, refreshing, and only need five simple ingredients. Using homemade cucumber juice is the key to preparing the best Cucumber Margarita recipe.
Ingredients to Make a Cucumber Margarita Recipe
Cucumber-infused margaritas are the only thing more refreshing than a regular Margarita. The cucumber-tequila fusion is made with just five elements. Check out all Cucumber Margarita ingredients:
- ½ ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce silver tequila
- ½ ounce triple sec
- ½ medium-large cucumber, peeled
- Lime wedges, for rimming and garnishing, plus any other garnish you might want to add
- Coarse salt for rimming glass: Avoid fine salt, which is far too salty and will almost certainly cause a mess
- 1 jalapeno pepper sliced into coins for added spice
- 1-2 tablespoons agave nectar or another sweetener of choice
How to Make a Cucumber Margarita
Consider a cocktail that takes no more than five minutes to prepare. How amazing is that? Muddling the cucumber before shaking works wonders in this recipe for Cucumber Margarita. It aids in the release of juices and essential oils, adding a burst of flavor in every sip.We walk you through the process on how to make a Cucumber Margarita on the rocks.
- Make a lovely salt rim for the glasses: In a small bowl or plate, place some coarse salt. Then, run a lime wedge around the rim and dip it in the salt.
- Make the cucumber juice: In a blender, combine the cucumber slices and purée until smooth. Remove the pulp with a fine-mesh strainer and set it aside.
- Muddle the jalapeno (optional): Add 1-2 jalapeno slices into a glass or pitcher and gently muddle until fragrant.
- Mix everything up: Add the cucumber juice (¼ cup or 1¼ for a pitcher), tequila, triple sec and lime juice. Shake the cocktail for an incredibly chilled and well-blended drink.
- Taste and adjust as needed: Stir to mix and add some sweetener, if desired.
- Garnish and serve: Add a few large ice cubes to keep the drink chilled, and garnish with a lime slice.
Tips for Making the Best Tequila with Cucumber Drink
This recipe Cucumber Margarita is ideal for happy hour, a dinner night in, or even a backyard BBQ. Below are some helpful tips and tricks for making the best Cucumber Margarita on the rocks:
- Fresh is always best: Get the freshest lime and cucumber juice you can find. Or better still, make your own.
- Prep your ingredients ahead of time: Make your juices early to make things easier.
- The more the merrier: Make more to share. Do the simple math and blend everything!
- Add some heat: Make a Cucumber Jalapeño Margarita by adding a few rounds of jalapeno slices! Don’t forget to add the Tajin rim.
- Don’t forget the visuals: Garnish with a cucumber slice, lime wedge, jalapeño slice, and/or cilantro sprig if desired.
How to Salt the Rim of Your Cucumber Margaritas
A little salt always adds a magical touch to a Margarita. To make the best Cucumber Margarita:
- Take a lime and cut a notch in it. Run it around the edge of the glass
- Pour some Margarita salt (e.g., Tajin salt for spice lovers) onto a small plate and dip the glass upside down
- Gently press to coat and admire your handiwork!
Variations of the Cucumber Margarita Recipe
Want to spice up this Cucumber Margarita recipe? Add jalapeno! The result is a cool and crispy fusion with a spicy finish.
Cucumber Jalapeno Margarita
This Spicy Cucumber Margarita tickles all of the right taste sensations! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 6 slices cucumber, plus extra for garnish
- 3–4 slices jalapeno pepper
- 2 oz. tequila
- 1 oz triple sec (or Cointreau)
- 1 oz lime juice
- Ice cubes for serving (try clear ice)
- Rim the glass with coarse salt (Margarita salt makes for a festive presentation)
- Slice the jalapeno pepper thinly and be sure to wash your hands after
- Add the cucumber and jalapeno slices to a cocktail shaker and muddle them gently
- Combine the tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and ice in a mixing glass. Shake vigorously till chilled
- Strain into a chilled glass, top with ice and garnish with cucumber slices.
A Great Way to Enjoy Your “Pepino” Margarita
The vibrant flavors of Altos Plata tequila shine through in this easy Cucumber Margarita. The unaged 100% agave tequila has won the hearts of many thanks to its deep, roasted agave flavor and smooth finish.
If you want to add some robust tastes to your drink, choose Altos Reposado, which is aged in bourbon barrels for a rich and sweet flavor with a slight kick.