Prepare the glasses: Give your Cucumber Margarita a lovely salt or sugar rim. Do this by running a lime wedge around the rim and dipping in the Margarita salt. Muddle the cucumber: In a shaker, gently muddle the cucumber slices until fragrant. Combine everything else: Shake the ice, tequila, lime, triple sec and agave until well-chilled. Serve: Serve over ice and garnish with a lime wedge.
Did someone say margaritas? It just seems like the hotter it gets, the better the Margarita tastes. This Cucumber Margarita is crisp and delicious, thanks to the combination of fresh cucumber and lime juice. It’s a little bit like a Spa Margarita. You could even call it a “Skinny” Margarita if you don’t add any sugar!
Cucumber margaritas are light, refreshing, and only need five simple ingredients. Add jalapeno for an extra kick, or leave it as is for a refreshing summer drink.
Cheers! Here’s to a laid-back weekend accompanied by a refreshing cocktail made from the best Cucumber Margarita recipe.
Homemade margaritas are simple because they require few ingredients and even less time to craft. Here’s all Cucumber Margarita ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- ½ medium-large cucumber, peeled
- ½ ounce silver tequila
- ½ ounce triple sec
- ½ ounce lime juice
- Coarse salt for the rim
- Lime wedges for the rim and garnish
- 1 sliced jalapeño pepper for a spicy kick
- 1-2 tsp agave nectar for an added dose of sweetness
How to Make a Cucumber Margarita
Consider a cocktail that takes no more than five minutes to prepare. How amazing is that? We walk you through the process of making this refreshing Margarita in this easy Cucumber Margarita recipe:
To make a Cucumber Margarita on the rocks:
- Prepare the glasses: Give your Cucumber Margarita a lovely salt or sugar rim. Do this by running a lime wedge around the rim and dipping in the Margarita salt.
- Muddle the cucumber: In a shaker, gently muddle the cucumber slices until fragrant.
- Combine everything else: Shake the ice, tequila, lime, triple sec and agave until well-chilled.
- Serve: Serve over ice and garnish with a lime wedge.
Tips to Make the Best Cucumber Margarita Cocktail
This cucumber tequila drink sounds like an excellent poolside cocktail for the summer. Here are some helpful hints for creating the most delicious recipe Cucumber Margarita:
- Take your time with the juices: Prepare the cucumber and lime juices beforehand.
- Make more: Simply because this recipe prepares one drink does not mean it cannot be used to entertain guests. Multiply by the required number of servings and combine everything in a blender!
- FRESH is the way to go: Squeeze your lime juice or buy some of the best.
- Spice it up! Muddle a couple of rounds of jalapeño to give the Cucumber Margarita a good kick. Don’t forget the Tajin rim—it complements the hot jalapeño pretty well.
- Don’t forget the visuals: Garnish with a cucumber slice, lime wedge, jalapeño slice, and/or cilantro sprig if desired.
Make a Salt Rim for Your Cucumber Margaritas
A salt or sugar rim is more than just a pretty garnish for a Margarita; it enhances the ingredients, providing a complex yet balanced flavor. If you’re unsure about the rim, only coat half of the glass to get a taste of both!
How do you salt the rim of a glass?
Lime is all you need to get started.
- Take a lime and cut a notch in it. Run it around the edge of the glass
- Pour some Margarita salt onto a small plate and dip the glass upside down
- Gently press to coat and admire your handiwork!
Other Versions of the Cucumber Margarita Recipe
In addition to being crisp and refreshing, this recipe Cucumber Margarita is pretty versatile. Here are other recipe variations worth trying:
Cucumber Margarita Frozen
The first variation is a classic one. For these days when the sun is shining so hard, frozen drinks are your salvation. And this Frozen Cucumber Margarita is no exception.
The ingredients you will need for this recipe are exactly the same as the ones used for the ‘on the rocks’ recipe above. The only difference is that you will have to use extra ice and a blender machine.
- Salt the rims: Pour some coarse salt onto a plate. Run a lime wedge around the glass and dip in salt.
- Puree the cucumber: Place the chopped cucumbers in a blender with some ice and process for 45-60 seconds, or until smooth. Strain the cucumber juice and set it aside.
- Muddle the jalapeno: In a pitcher or glass, gently muddle 1 or 2 slices until fragrant. Alternatively, you can place the slices in the tequila and leave them to infuse for a few hours.
- Combine everything: Stir the tequila, triple sec, and juices. If you prefer your drink sweet, add a dash of agave or simple syrup. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve immediately.
Cucumber Jalapeno Margarita
This delicious summertime cocktail has a sweet citrus flavor and a subtle jalapeño spiciness.
- 2 ounces tequila, 100% agave
- 1 ounce triple sec (Grand Marnier or Cointreau)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 slices cucumber, with extras for garnish
- 1-4 jalapeño pepper slices (adjust to your heat tolerance)
- Clear ice for serving
- Thinly slice the jalapeno and combine with the cucumber slices in a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle gently until fragrant, then add the remaining ingredients.
- Shake well for about 30 seconds to mix
- Strain into a salt-rimmed glass over ice.
- Garnish with thin cucumber slices and serve immediately.
Enjoy Your Cucumber Margarita with Tequila 100% Agave
The vibrant flavors of Altos Plata tequila shine through in this easy Cucumber Margarita. The unaged 100% agave tequila has won the hearts of many thanks to its deep, roasted agave flavor and smooth finish.
If you want to add some robust tastes to your drink, choose Altos Reposado, which is aged in bourbon barrels for a rich and sweet flavor with a slight kick.