In a cocktail shaker, combine the blackberries and simple syrup. Muddle the blackberries until they are well-squashed. Add the tequila, orange liqueur, fresh lime juice, and a handful of ice. Shake vigorously until well-chilled or until the outside looks frosted. If you like a salty rim, wet the rim of the glass with a lime slice. Then, sprinkle coarse sea salt on a small plate and swirl the rim into the salt to coat. Strain into an ice-filled glass and garnish with lime slices and blackberries, if desired.
The long, scorching days of summer appear to exist solely to serve up margaritas. And many people seem to agree that it’s easy to forget about the hot weather when you’re sipping a delicious Margarita.
This fresh Blackberry Margarita recipe takes a fruity and colorful spin on the classic by introducing blackberry juice to the mix. The fruit juice enhances Margarita’s sweet and tangy flavor profile, creating a fantastic flavor explosion.
Serve this easy Blackberry Margarita on Cinco de Mayo, Taco Tuesday, or any other occasion whenever you want to have a good time.
The beauty of this easy Blackberry Margarita recipe lies not only in its brilliant color but also in its simplicity. With just five easy ingredients and a few simple steps, you’ll have a boozy beverage that will leave you feeling refreshed.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a serving of this delectable Blackberry Margarita:
- ¼ cup fresh blackberries
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1-ounce orange liqueur
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 0.5-ounce simple syrup
1oz = 30ml
- Extra lime wedges and blackberries
- Coarse salt
How to Make a Blackberry Margarita
There are two ways to enjoy this cocktail blackberry drink: on the rocks and frozen.
How to make a Blackberry Margarita on the rocks:
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the blackberries and simple syrup.
- Muddle the blackberries until they are well-squashed.
- Add the tequila, orange liqueur, fresh lime juice, and a handful of ice.
- Shake vigorously until well-chilled or until the outside looks frosted.
- If you like a salty rim, wet the rim of the glass with a lime slice. Then, sprinkle coarse sea salt on a small plate and swirl the rim into the salt to coat.
- Strain into an ice-filled glass and garnish with lime slices and blackberries, if desired.
It will take you only five minutes and you will have a very refreshing option to calm down your thirst as well as the effects of heat.
How to Make a Frozen Blackberry Margarita
Another way to enjoy this blackberry cocktail is frozen. And, like with any frozen margaritas, you’ll need a blender and, of course, frozen blackberries!
Here are the steps to make a Frozen Blackberry Margarita:
- In a blender, combine the frozen berries, simple syrup, tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, and 2 cups of ice
- Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour into prepared glasses and, if preferred, garnish with lime slices and frozen blackberries.
Steps to Make The Simple Syrup
As the name implies, this is an easy syrup to create. Simply bring equal parts water and sugar to a boil and stir until the sugar dissolves. You now have a simple syrup that will elevate your Blackberry Margaritas on the rocks.
You may also be creative and add different herbs for a fun twist. Mint, thyme, rosemary, and sage are all wonderful herbal additions.
Tips for Making the Best Blackberry Margarita Cocktail
Are you looking for some pointers on how to make your blackberry drink stand out? Make the best Blackberry Margarita recipe with our top suggestions below:
- Get juicy limes: Not all limes are the same. Get some that have some give when pressed. Then, firmly roll them over the counter under your fingers to help release the juices.
- Give the Margarita a good shake: Use two hands if possible. Shaking not only helps to cool down the Margarita but also ensures that you achieve the desired amount of dilution.
- Use agave nectar: As a general rule, begin by creating the Margarita without sweetener and then modifying the sweetness level to taste.
Other Versions of The Blackberry Margarita Recipe
Here are some fun variations of this blackberry drink to try once you’ve mastered the basic recipe:
- Blackberry Margarita frozen: Instead of making this Margarita on the rocks, use our Frozen Blackberry Margarita recipe above to make it frozen.
- Elevate your cocktail blackberry with Chambord: Chambord is a true delight to sip and mix in cocktails. Its nose is a rich blend of raspberry, honey, citrus, vanilla and has a slight sweetness with notes of tartness.
- Substitute raspberries for blackberries: These two fruits have distinct flavor profiles, with blackberries being more acidic and black raspberries being sweeter.
- Make a salted rim: Get yourself a quarter of a lime. Cut a notch and run that notch around the glass. Pour some coarse salt or rim salt of choice in a small plate. Tip the glass over into the salt and tilt to coat.
- Use homemade Blackberry Margarita syrup: Homemade blackberry syrup is easy to prepare and is excellent to keep on hand. Do it in a saucepan, combining 2 cups blackberries, 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
Improve Your Cocktail With 100% Agave Tequila
Are you looking to up your Margarita game? A high-quality tequila like Olmeca Altos is all you need. Made with 100% agave grown in the Altos highlands of Jalisco, our Altos Plata tequila is sweet, smooth, and ideal for a Blackberry Margarita.