Rim your glass: Cinnamon and sugar create a warm, sweet spice seasoning with an iconic, cherished flavor that is synonymous with the holidays, fall, and winter. Mix the ingredients: Pour the tequila, orange liqueur, coconut milk, lime juice and white cranberry juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake: Shave vigorously for about 30 seconds to mix and chill the drink. Strain: Strain the Margarita into the prepared glasses over fresh ice. Garnish: Garnish with a lime wedge, a few cranberries and a sprig of rosemary for a festive flair. Serve and enjoy!
Do you have any upcoming Christmas parties or holiday gatherings? Could you use some new ideas for Christmas tequila cocktails that aren’t too time-consuming to craft? If your answer is yes, you’ve come to the right place! The White Christmas Margarita is not just the ideal Christmas cocktail, but it’s also festive, easy to make, and delicious!
This stunning tequila and cranberry infusion, topped with a lovely cinnamon sugar rim, will add a touch of festive spirit to any Christmas celebration. White cranberry juice lends a slightly sweet, fruity note, while coconut milk imparts a tropical touch. Garnish with a cinnamon sugar rim, rosemary, cranberries and lime for a sophisticated aesthetic and rich flavor.
You’ll only need a couple of simple ingredients and a few easy steps to prepare this easy Christmas Margarita.
Gather the following:
- 1 ½ ounce (45ml) Blanco Tequila, 100% agave
- ½ ounce (15ml) Orange liqueur
- ½ ounce (15ml) Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce (30 ml) Coconut milk
- ½ ounce (15ml) White cranberry juice
Optional garnishes: Rosemary sprig, a few cranberries, lime wedges and cinnamon sugar for rimming.
How to Make a Christmas Margarita
Make your holiday parties more memorable with this Christmas Cranberry Margarita recipe. It will only take you five minutes!
- Rim your glass: Cinnamon and sugar create a warm, sweet spice seasoning with an iconic, cherished flavor that is synonymous with the holidays, fall, and winter.
- Mix the ingredients: Pour the tequila, orange liqueur, coconut milk, lime juice and white cranberry juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake: Shave vigorously for about 30 seconds to mix and chill the drink.
- Strain: Strain the Margarita into the prepared glasses over fresh ice.
- Garnish: Garnish with a lime wedge, a few cranberries and a sprig of rosemary for a festive flair. Serve and enjoy!
How strong is a White Christmas Margarita? This is a recipe for a lighter shaken Margarita. It should blend to a strength of around 17% ABV (34 proof) or slightly stronger than a glass of wine.
Steps to Rim Your Christmas Margarita Glass
If the idea of a beautiful rim coating your Christmas Margarita sounds appealing to you, here is a simple method:
- To begin, cut a notch in the middle of a lime slice and run it around the edge of the Christmas Margarita glasses
- Then roll it in a shallow dish of cinnamon sugar, tilting the glasses so that it sticks only to the outside edges
- Shake off any excess, ensuring none of the sugar slipped in the glass.
Tips for Making The Best Christmas Margarita Drink
Use the following tips to create the best Christmas Margarita recipe:
- Don’t forget coconut milk: Coconut milk is a popular substitute for dairy milk and can be found in the dairy section of most supermarkets. It is intended to be drunk directly from the bottle and has a lower fat level than the canned version. Adding vanilla-flavored coconut milk to this Christmas Margarita recipe makes it even better.
- The rim makes all the difference: Combine 1 part ground cinnamon and 3 parts white sugar to make the cinnamon sugar rim.
- Use a premium triple sec: Cointreau or Grand Marnier, a brandy-based orange liqueur, are excellent choices for this Margarita.
- Can’t find fresh cranberries for the garnish? Look in the freezer section of your local grocery. When you find the fresh fruits, flash freeze them before transferring them to a plastic freezer bag and freezing them for later use.
Other Versions of The Christmas Margarita Cocktail
The Christmas Margarita, like the Classic Margarita, may be reinvented and recreated without losing its essence:
- Blend it: This cocktail is also great as a frozen Christmas Margarita. Simply combine all of the ingredients to a blender with 1 cup of ice and blend until smooth.
- Try this Christmas Margarita with Reposado tequila: The slight aging will add oaky spiced notes to your Christmas Margarita. You can also try mezcal for a smokier flavor.
- Add ginger ale for a festive twist: The ginger-flavored carbonated soft drink gives the cocktail a tangy, citrusy edge that makes it refreshing and irresistible. Ginger ales are also abundant in tiny bubbles, which adds extra fizz to your Christmas Margarita.
Add a splash of club soda for added bubbles: Or use flavored club sodas like lime, orange, or vanilla.
- Sweeten with honey or agave nectar: You can also use cinnamon or vanilla simple syrup to give the Christmas Margarita recipe a flavor boost.
The Importance of using a High-Quality Tequila
The secret to a great Christmas Margarita lies in the tequila you use, so ensure to get a high-quality 100% agave spirit, like Olmeca Altos. Our Altos Plata tequila is a crisp, unaged premium option that highlights the pure expression of distilled agave and the ideal addition to your Christmas tequila cocktails.