The main ingredient in a Tequila Sunrise drink is tequila (surprise!), which gives that spicy kick. The next important ingredient is orange juice, which adds sweetness and juiciness to your drink. For this step, you can use either a cocktail shaker or just mix the ingredients in a glass before pouring over ice cubes. First, pour 1 shot (1 oz.) of tequila into a shaker or cocktail glass. Add 1 oz. of orange juice and 2 dashes of grenadine syrup. Mix until combined, then add ice cubes until the glass is filled halfway up the side (you may want to use crushed ice instead). Shake vigorously until chilled and frothy--about 30 seconds--then strain into an ice-filled glass with an orange slice garnish on top! Last Step: Enjoy!
Who doesn’t love a good Tequila Sunrise Cocktail? It’s probably one of the most iconic cocktails out there—and for a good reason!
The Tequila Sunrise recipe is one of the most popular alcoholic drinks served at bars and restaurants across the world. This cocktail was created in 1949 by Walter Bergeron, who worked at Rick’s Café Americain in New Orleans, Louisiana. He named it after the movie “Sunrise” starring Janet Gaynor and George O’Brien that was released two years earlier in 1927.
The original Tequila Sunrise drink calls for equal parts of orange juice, grenadine syrup, and lime juice. But nowadays, there are many variations on this classic cocktail. You can add a splash of club soda or use different types of tequila such as silver or gold (Blanco). Some bartenders even add a dash of maraschino cherry juice or Cointreau orange liqueur to give their version an extra kick!
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or just want an excuse to sip on something delicious at home tonight—this recipe will make you feel like you’re on vacation!
Ingredients to Make a Tequila Sunrise Drink
How to Make a Tequila Sunrise
How Do you Make a Frozen Tequila Sunrise Version
Tips From Barman experts to Prepare it Perfectly
A Tequila Sunrise drink is a great cocktail to enjoy as the sun comes up, but it can be tricky to make. Here are some tips from barman experts on how to do it right.
- Use fresh ingredients. This cocktail is best made with fresh blood oranges and fresh limes, not the kind you find in bottles or cans.
- Use good tequila and orange juice. If you’re using a pre-made mix one, make sure that it’s made with real oranges and not artificial flavors like “orange” or “peach.”
- Don’t add too much grenadine syrup—a little goes a long way to make this drink look pretty! You can also add just a splash of soda water if you want it less sweet than normal but still want that gorgeous crimson color without all the sugar overload (which is why people love this drink so much).
- If your grenadine syrup isn’t very sweet, you’ll want to add more sugar than usual into the mix before adding any other ingredients like club soda or vodka. Otherwise, it will be too bitter tasting due to all those high fructose corn syrups.
- Use high-quality tequila. We recommend using our Olmeca Altos Plata.
Others Cocktails that Might Interest You
We’re glad you’re enjoying some nice weather right now. A great drink to try this days is the paloma recipe – it’s got a nice sweet taste, with a hint of grapefruit and lime to balance out that sweetness. It also helps take your mind off those hot summer days.
The paloma is a Mexican cocktail that combines tequila, grapefruit soda, and lime juice. It’s a great choice for summertime because it’s light and refreshing—and you can also make it in bulk to drink all day long!
If you’re looking for something light, refreshing and flavorful on a hot summer day, then this is exactly the drink for you!
Premium Quality Tequila for an Amazing Cocktail
This premium tequila is the perfect addition to your bar cart, and you can enjoy it neat or mixed in your favorite cocktail!
This 100% blue agave tequila is made by a team of expert distillers who have been making it their whole lives. They use only natural ingredients and care about every detail of their process, so you know you’ll be getting the highest quality taste with every sip.
The aroma of Olmeca Altos has hints of spices and fruits, but it’s not overpowering in any way. The taste is smooth and buttery with a hint of sweetness. This tequila pairs well with orange juice, grenadine syrup, and lemonade for a delicious twist on your favorite brunch cocktail.
If you haven’t tried Olmeca Altos yet, now is the time! Give it a try today and let us know what you think!