Champagne margaritas take a bubbly twist on the classic Margarita by introducing champagne to the recipe. The result is a delicious cocktail with warm notes and a lively kick at the end. Who knew champagne and tequila paired this well?
Like most Margarita recipes, this recipe is easy and fun to make. Slightly fizzy and super delicious, these champagne margaritas are perfect for special occasions or just because it’s the weekend!
Ingredients for Champagne Margarita Cocktail
Margaritas are one of the simplest cocktails to make, and this recipe is no exception. Here’s what you will need to make the champagne tequila drink:
- 15ml Tequila, 100% agave
- 15ml Orange liqueur/Triple sec/Cointreau
- 25ml Fresh lime juice
- 25ml Agave syrup
- 100ml Champagne or sparkling wine of your choice
No orange liqueur? Feel free to use fresh orange juice.
You can also use any sweetener you have, including simple syrup, honey and cane syrup.
Steps to Prepare a Champagne Margarita Drink
As easy as breathing, this recipe can be ready in a flash. Combine all ingredients and wait for the magic!
- Pour the tequila, orange liqueur, agave syrup and lime juice into a cocktail shaker with some ice.
- Shake thoroughly for about 30 seconds to mix and chill.
- Strain into Margarita glass or glass of choice.
- Top with your favorite champagne or sparkling wine.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
Elevate your cocktail with a salted rim
A salt rim is a beautiful addition to your Margarita. Besides making your drink attractive, the salt mellows the sweetness and sour of the ingredients for an exceptionally smooth drinking experience.
And not just salt, you can also use sugar, chili, or lime zest –whatever your taste buds crave!
To rim your glass:
- Add salt, sugar or Margarita mix to a shallow bowl or plate
- Wet the rim of each glass with a lime wedge
- Dip the glass in the salt at an angle, making sure only to coat the outer edge
- Shake off any excess
Other Versions of Champagne Margarita
Whether you like your Margarita fruity or fancy, every recipe is possible with tequila and champagne. Below are recipes you’ll find interesting:
Strawberry Champagne Margarita Recipe
Strawberries are one of the most widely consumed fruits for a reason. They are sweet, juicy, and an excellent source of nutrients. Include them as an ingredient in your champagne margaritas recipe to add a nice and light sweetness.
- 60ml Tequila
- 60ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 60ml orange liqueur
- 8-10 fresh strawberries, sliced and hulled
- 2 splashes champagne or sparkling wine of choice
- Salt for the rim (optional)
- Muddle the strawberries in a large glass or cocktail shaker
- Add the lime juice, then stir in the tequila and orange liqueur
- Add some ice into the prepared glass
- Strain into the glass and top with champagne
- If you want to get fancy, garnish with strawberries or lime slices
Tip: use frozen strawberries to make a Frozen Strawberry Champagne Margarita cocktail.
Pink Champagne Margarita Recipe
Pink Champagne Margarita is so cute and fancy. The cocktail is perfect for bridal showers, brunch and Valentine’s Day!
- 60ml Tequila
- 60ml Lime juice
- 60ml Orange liqueur
- 2 Splashes of pink champagne
- Simple syrup or any sweetener of choice
- Combine the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and simple syrup in a glass and stir.
- Toss in some ice and top with pink champagne.
Our Version of the Champagne Margarita Drink
Altos Champagne Margarita cocktail is perfect for anyone looking for a smooth drinking experience. The refreshing drink features Altos Tequila Reposado, a premium tequila made with 100% blue agave grown in the highlands of Jalisco, Mexico.
Our Altos recipe also includes sage-infused agave syrup, lime juice, pear puree and champagne. We love the sage-infused agave syrup for its rich herbal sweetness and flavor.
If you plan on making a bunch of fall margaritas, you will love our Altos Champagne Margarita recipe. Besides, what better way to utilize those extra pears than in your favorite refreshment?
Smooth, clean and slightly smoky, Altos Reposado is our most awarded tequila. Get a bottle now and experience Mexico’s authenticity with every sip.