Pineapple and tequila are couple goals! The sweetness of the pineapple pairs perfectly with the zingy of the tequila to make a fruity cocktail with a nice spicy bite. Add mezcal to this marriage, and you have a smoky and savory Pineapple Margarita with some major tropical vibes. We call it the Smokin’ Aces!
Smokin’ Aces is a homemade Pineapple Margarita made with one thing in mind-fun. Altos Plata tequila pairs beautifully with smoky Del Maguey Vida Mezcal to give a flavorful summery cocktail that instantly transports you to the beach. It is our version of a Smoked Pineapple Martini.
Ready to discover this tasty Pineapple Margarita recipe? Read on.
Ingredients for this Tequila with Pineapple Recipe
It’s happy hour somewhere. Time to gather our ingredients and make ourselves a boozy Smokin Aces!
What you’ll need:
- 2 parts Altos Plata
- 1 part Del Maguey Vida Mezcal
- 1 part Lillet Blanc
- ½ part pineapple puree
- 1 bar spoon agave syrup
- 1 bar spoon lime juice
Steps to Make the Smokin’ Aces: Our Tequila Pineapple Cocktail
This tequila pineapple cocktail isn’t only delicious; it’s also easy to whip up, making it one of the easiest Margarita recipes out there. Rim, shake, serve!
- Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Double strain into a chilled (salt-rimmed) cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a pineapple leaf or garnish of choice.
Improve Your Cocktail with a Salt Rim
A salt rim adds all the magic to this tequila with pineapple recipe. Feel free to customize the rim as you like. You can even add some spice to add a spicy bite!
Here’s a simple method to adorn your glasses:
- Cut a notch in lime and use it to wet the rim.
- Dip the outside of the glass rim on a plate covered in salt.
Different Variations of Tequila and Pineapple Drinks
There are so many Pineapple Margarita variations to try! Here are some of our favorites:
Tequila and Pineapple Juice
Here’s a tropical delight that marries the perfect combination of tequila and pineapple juice.
- 2 ounces tequila
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- Optional: Clear ice, lime wedges, fresh mint, and a few shakes of cocktail bitters to step it up!
- Pour the tequila and pineapple juice into an ice-filled glass.
- Garnish with lime wedges or fresh mint.
Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita
If you would like to spice up this sweet and tropical delight, try the Jalapeño. The mighty pepper is more than just heat: it has a zingy flavor that mellows perfectly with the bite of the tequila.
- 1 ½ ounce (3 tablespoons) Tequila Blanco or Reposado
- ¾ ounce (1 ½ tablespoon) Cointreau
- 2 ounces (¼ cup) pineapple juice
- ¾ ounce (1 ½ tablespoon) fresh lime juice
- 3 to 4 jalapeño slices
- Optional: Salt for the rim. Pineapple wedge and jalapeño slice for the garnish
- Prepare your glass as outlined above
- Pour the ingredients, except for the garnishes, in a shaker filled with ice
- Shake until the outside feels cold
- Strain into the salt-rimmed glass
- Add ice and indulge!
Smoky Pineapple Margarita
Busting with a distinctive smoky flavor, this smoked Pineapple Margarita is perfect for a BBQ or any outdoor party.
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 fresh pineapple ring
- Lime zest
- Preheat a charcoal or gas grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat.
- Prepare your glass as described above.
- Grill pineapple for 4-6 minutes or until slightly charred.
- Cut into 6 pieces.
- Muddle together the 5 pineapple chunks, lime juice, pineapple juice and agave nectar in a cocktail shaker.
- Add tequila and fill with ice.
- Shake until the outside feels cold.
- Fill prepared glass with ice cubes and strain drink into a glass.
- Garnish with the remaining pineapple.
Pineapple Tequila Sunrise
Just like a sunrise, this tequila with pineapple drink is a perfect candidate to uplift your spirits.
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- 4 oz orange juice
- 1 oz grenadine
- 1 slice orange, cut in half
- 1 slice pineapple, cut in half
- 1 maraschino cherry
- Pour the orange juice, pineapple juice then tequila into a glass half-filled with ice.
- Pour grenadine; it will sink to create that beautiful sunrise look.
- Create a spectacular garnish by starting with a slice of orange, then layer on a pineapple slice and finish with a maraschino cherry.
- Use a cocktail pick to balance the garnish nicely on top of the glass.
How Strong is the Pineapple Tequila?
The strength of this gorgeous and flavorful drink falls between beer and wine-typically about 9% ABV (18 proof). This will, of course, vary depending on the size of your glass and how much pineapple juice you add.
Altos Plata is a top tequila for margaritas as voted by bartenders worldwide. Like all premium tequilas, it’s made from 100% agave to ensure a smooth drinking experience. Grab a bottle today and create memories with our yummy tequila pineapple cocktail, the Smokin’ Aces!