Altos Spring is a lovely representation of a warm spring from a Nordic perspective! Spring is a time of warmth, and this tequila cucumber cocktail exemplifies that! You can almost feel the excitement of the arrival of summer in the air as you take a sip.
This recipe uses only the freshest and finest ingredients. You will need Altos Plata, Lillet Blanc, St Germain liqueur, lemon juice, sugar syrup and cucumber. The elderflower and crisp cucumber nicely counterbalance the zesty fresh lime.
This recipe requires a few additional ingredients, but the extra effort is well worth it! Sip to your life’s most memorable moments with our signature Altos Spring.
You will love the taste of this tequila and cucumber unique mix. Here’s all ingredients you need to make an Altos Spring cocktail:
- 1 1⁄6 parts (35ml) Altos Plata
- 2⁄3 part (20ml) Lillet Blanc
- 1⁄2 part (15ml) St. Germain liqueur
- 5⁄6 parts (25ml) lemon juice
- 5⁄6 parts (5ml) sugar syrup
- 2 slices of cucumber
How to Make Our Tequila Cucumber Cocktail
You will fall in love with this recipe. How to make our tequila cucumber cocktail on the rocks? All you need is to give the ingredients a good shake after muddling the cucumber, of course. That’s it, and in just five minutes!
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the cucumber slices and sugar syrup.
- Gently muddle until you can smell the cucumber’s aromas.
- Add the remaining ingredients and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a pre chilled glass.
- Garnish with a cucumber slice on a stick.
Tips to Make the Best Tequila Cucumber Drink
Simple measures like muddling the right way can switch up your Margarita game. Here are some tips and tricks to making the best tequila and cucumber cocktail.
- Muddle the right way: Rinse and dry the cucumber, then peel the skin from it. Slice in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds using a spoon. From there, slice into smaller slices of about ¼ inch thick. Place the slices into the shaker and muddle gently until you detect a strong cucumber aroma.
- Use 100% agave tequila: 100% Agave tequila is as pure as tequila gets. If tequila is labeled as “100% agave,” this means that the tequila in question was made with only blue agave.
- Making a pitcher for a crowd? Do the math and double or triple the ingredients.
- Don’t forget the garnish: A cucumber slice on a stick is a simple garnish that offers a sophisticated touch.
- Make it a little sweeter: If you prefer a bit extra sweetness in your Margarita, increase the amount of sugar syrup.
- Don’t forget to strain: Unlike a mojito, you do not want tiny cucumber fragments floating around.
What is this Tequila Cucumber Cocktail Ideal for?
A refreshing, spring-inspired cocktail like this one is the best way to defrost your internal system as heat approaches. Celebrate the warmth and good vibes in spring as you await the energy that comes with summer, and do so with a glass of Altos’ light and delicious Cucumber Margarita.
Variations of other Tequila and Cucumber Cocktails
There’s something delightful about cucumber cocktails. They’re clean, crisp, and refreshing, and especially well-suited for spring and summer meetings. The great news is that we have plenty of recipe variations that will dazzle your taste buds.
Cucumber Lime Tequila
This delicious cucumber lime tequila cocktail only has 135 calories. It’s a drink both your mouth and waist will love.
- ¼ ounces Blanco silver tequila
- ¼ ounces fresh lime juice, half a lime
- ¾ ounces cucumber juice
- lime and cucumber wedges for garnish
- Juice peeled cucumbers in a juicer or blender.
- In a large glass filled with ice, add the tequila, lime and cucumber juice.
- Stir to combine and garnish with a lime wedge and cucumber slice.
Cucumber Tequila and Tonic
You’ll find that adding a little tonic to the Cucumber Margarita is a terrific way to boost the flavor.
- 2 ounces tequila Blanco
- 2 cucumber slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces tonic water chilled
- In a shaker, muddle tequila, cucumber slices and lime juice.
- Add ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice, top with chilled tonic.
Cucumber Tequila Cooler
The Cucumber Tequila Cooler is all about fresh ingredients, featuring celery, fresh lime juice and cucumber.
- 1 ½ ounces silver tequila
- 1 (4-inch) section celery (about 3/4 ounces)
- 1 (2-inch) section English cucumber (about 2 1/2 ounces), peeled
- ½ ounce agave nectar
- 1 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 ounces seltzer, chilled
- Pinch salt
- Garnish: cucumber slice (optional)
- Slice celery and cucumber into 1/2 inch slices.
- Add celery and salt to cocktail shaker and muddle until broken up.
- Add cucumber and agave nectar and muddle until smashed.
- Add lime juice and tequila to shaker and fill 2/3 full with ice.
- Shake until well chilled and strain into a glass.
- Top with seltzer, stir gently and serve with cucumber slice garnish if desired.
The Story Behind Our Altos Spring
This tequila cucumber cocktail, invented by a legendary bartender (Patrick Seppä), has a story to tell. Patrick, who was born in Mexico, fell in love with the Nordic way of life after spending time with them. For the locals, spring is a time of rebirth and rejuvenation, which inspired him to create Altos Spring.
A Premium Tequila for Altos Spring
Flavor pairings come with varying degrees of perfection, and few can rival the taste of tequila and cucumber. And the easiest way to experience this delightful combo is with the 100% agave Altos Plata.
The smooth, floral flavor of the premium tequila adds a complex taste to Altos Spring, resulting in a refreshing drink that is an absolute joy to drink.