To make your own Spicy Paloma with Jalapeños at home, try the following steps: Add 2 oz of tequila and 1 oz of lime juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds, until the ingredients are well-chilled. Strain the mixture into a salt-rimmed glass over fresh ice. Top off the drink with 2 oz of grapefruit soda and garnish by pressing down on a jalapeño slice until it releases its oils over top of the drink. Put a few slices of jalapeños for more heat.
A spicy paloma is a refreshing cocktail made with tequila, grapefruit soda, and a jalapeño slice. It’s a fun drink that’s perfect for summer parties and outdoor events.
So why drink spicy palomas? Because they’re delicious! They’re also easy to make, so you can mix up a batch of them at home or just buy them at your local bar or restaurant. If you’re feeling adventurous, try making your own jalapeño-infused tequila—it’s super simple to do and tastes amazing!
Drinking a spicy paloma is a great way to add some flavor to your drinking experience without adding too much sugar or calories. The jalapeños add just enough spice to give your paloma an extra kick while still letting the fruitiness of the grapefruit soda shine through on its own.
It’s also a fun drink to serve at parties because it takes advantage of all those leftover limes from making margaritas! We recommend using fresh ingredients whenever possible, but if you’re hosting an event and want to save some cash on drinks (and have plenty of limes around), this drink will be just as delicious when made with bottled lime juice instead of fresh squeezed.
Learn What Are the Ingredients of the Spicy Paloma
How to Prepare this Spicy Paloma Recipe
How to Prepare your Spicy Paloma’s Jalapeños
Tips from Our Experts to Prepare the Spicy Paloma Recipe
Our bartenders say that if you want to make your own delicious spicy paloma, follow these tips:
- The first thing you need is a good tequila. Any kind will do, but we recommend using a Olmeca Altos Plata or Olmeca Altos Reposado.
- Next, you’ll need some grapefruit soda and lime juice. If possible, use fresh lime juice instead of bottled lime juice because the flavor will be much better!
- Make sure you have all the ingredients ready before you start mixing up your cocktail.
- Finally, add some jalapeños and salt for taste! If you like things spicy, add more jalapeños than recommended (or even add some chili powder).
The Frozen Spicy Paloma Version for the Summer
It’s time to bring back your favorite summer drink, the Frozen Spicy Paloma!
What you need:
- 2 oz silver tequila
- 1 oz lime juice
- 2 oz. grapefruit soda (or similar)
- 3 jalapeños, sliced into rings
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1/2 oz orange liqueur (optional)
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce (optional)
How to make it:
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a glass filled with ice. Garnish with jalapeños if desired!
Olmeca Altos to Enjoy of this Spicy Paloma
If you’re looking to make a spicy paloma, there’s no better tequila than Olmeca Altos.
The smooth taste of this tequila will complement the bite of your drink, while its milder flavor can keep things from getting too overwhelming.
Plus, the hint of sweetness will help counteract the citrus flavor of your drink.