Do you want to know how to make a Mango Margarita recipe? Easy! Place the cups in the freezer to frost them. Combine the ingredients, gently stirring to mix. Take the cups out of the freezer and season the rims with your preferred salt. Add some ice into the cups and pour the cocktail. Garnish with lime wedges or other fruit if you’re feeling fancy. Enjoy!
This easy Mango Margarita drink is yet another reason to fall in love with mangoes this summer. It adds a tropical touch to the classic by infusing it with fresh mango essence. The result? A delicious Margarita that is both boozy and smooth to drink.
This easy homemade Mango Margarita recipe doesn’t even require any special equipment. The cocktail goes great with a variety of Mexican dishes and is ideal for big meetings and celebrations, barbecues, or simply for relaxing on warm sunny days.
The best recipe is one that is easy to prepare. This one checks every box-few ingredients, straightforward process and uncomplicated equipment. Here’s all Mango Margarita ingredients you need:
- 1½ oz Reposado tequila
- ½ oz triple sec
- ½ cup mango juice
- Lime juice, half a lime
- 1 cups ice
- Salt for the rim
Note: This recipe doesn’t include any added sugar as mango is naturally sweet.
How to Make a Mango Margarita
This Mango Margarita on the rocks recipe has something for everyone. Thanks to the fruit’s inherent creaminess and thickness, it produces the slushiest of drinks. It’s also naturally sweet, so you don’t have to add any sweetener if you don’t want to.
On the rocks means the drink should be gently sipped while the ice melts, diluting the alcohol slightly. Do you want to know how to make a Mango Margarita recipe? Easy!
- Place the cups in the freezer to frost them.
- Combine the ingredients, gently stirring to mix.
- Take the cups out of the freezer and season the rims with your preferred salt.
- Add some ice into the cups and pour the cocktail.
- Garnish with lime wedges or other fruit if you’re feeling fancy.
Tips for Margarita making the Best mango Margarita
Below are helpful tips to make a tasty fresh Mango Margarita recipe that will have your guests singing praises:
- Use 100% agave tequila: This means it is made entirely using the nectar from the agave plant.
- The fresher, the better: Use fresh lime juice and 100% mango juice.
- Make ahead of time: You can’t be the bartender all the time! Craft the cocktail one day ahead of time, then store it in an airtight container in the fridge or the freezer if you’ll be serving it frozen.
Make a pitcher for a crowd: Shared memories are some of the best memories. Double or triple the ingredients to make your desired servings.
- Don’t forget the garnish: Rims are so important for margaritas, and this mango cocktail is no exception. Rub a fresh lime around each glass before dipping in your choice salt, sugar or chili. A slice of lime lends a wonderful fresh fragrance as well.
What Tequila is Better for this Mango Cocktail?
Cocktails are only as good as the alcohol they contain. That being said, the best tequila for this homemade Mango Margarita or any other is 100% agave tequila. We recommend using Reposado tequila (slightly aged) tequila for the on the rocks Mango Margarita recipe.
Substitutions and Variations of The Mango Margarita Recipe
Explore the fun variations and substitutions for this cocktail below:
- Make it spicy: Add a dash or two of spicy sauce to convert the recipe into a Spicy Mango Margarita for an extra kick. You can also use jalapeno-infused tequila.
- Use mango juice blend instead: If you can’t find 100% mango juice.
- Try different fruits: Don’t have mangoes? Use anything you have on hand in the kitchen. This recipe Mango Margarita works well with watermelon, pineapple, or any type of berries.
- No agave syrup? Use honey, simple syrup, or regular granulated sugar.
- Make a mocktail: Swap the tequila for Mango nectar and triple sec for orange juice.
A Premium Tequila For Your Mango Margarita Cocktail
If you’ve been on the look for the best tequila for your Margaritas, look no further than Altos Tequila.
Distilled from 100% Blue Weber Agave, our Altos Reposado has a sweet and fruity flavor profile, which is why we recommend it for this fresh Mango Margarita. The long finish features caramel, agave, orange peel and a hint of smoke.
Get your bottle of Olmeca Altos Reposado and see your Margarita skills level up!