You’re going to enjoy how simple it is to make this delightful cocktail. Five minutes is all it takes to prepare this Easy Cranberry Margarita recipe! In a large glass, stir together all ingredients until well-blended. Serve in glasses with salt or sugar rims. Garnish with desired ingredients. Enjoy!
This Cranberry Margarita recipe adds a fruity touch to the classic by introducing cranberry juice to tequila, lime juice and triple sec. The result? A wonderfully balanced cocktail with an irresistible hue!
The best part is creating this enjoyable drink, which, by the way, is ideal for any occasion or night of the week. Throw together all the ingredients in a shaker, shake, and voilà! You have a vivid red cocktail that will elevate your spirits with both its color and flavor.
The secret to the best Cranberry Margarita recipe lies in the type of cranberry you use. That said, look for brands that are 100% cranberry juice. Tequila is another key ingredient that determines the quality of your Margarita. Again, look for the 100 percent label, but this time for Agave.
These festive red Cranberry Margaritas are ideal for all of your holiday celebrations, happy hour, or any night of the week! For an eye-catching presentation, garnish with fresh cranberries and lime slices/wedges.
If you’re a Margarita lover, you’re probably well aware of how simple it is to make margaritas. This recipe is for three servings of this easy Cranberry Margarita.
These are all fresh Cranberry Margarita ingredients you need to make it:
- 1 ½ cup 100% cranberry juice
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¾ cup tequila
- ½ cup orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau or Triple Sec
- Ice cubes
- Fresh cranberries and lime wedges for the garnish, optional
How to Make a Cranberry Margarita
You’re going to enjoy how simple it is to make this delightful cocktail. Five minutes is all it takes to prepare this Easy Cranberry Margarita recipe!
- In a large glass, stir together all ingredients until well-blended.
- Serve in glasses with salt or sugar rims.
- Garnish with desired ingredients.
Alternatively, you can shake the ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice to chill and thoroughly incorporate them. If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, a jar with a lid, such as a mason jar, works just as well.
Garnish Your Cranberry Margarita Drink
Garnishing your cocktails can transform an ordinary cocktail into a visually appealing and celebratory drink. Several garnish possibilities for this fruity Margarita include the following:
- Sea salt rim, fresh cranberries and rosemary sprigs all contribute to the illusion of a winter wonderland.
- Sugar-salt rim, lime wedges, rosemary sprigs, and skewered cranberries: Particularly well-suited for a frozen recipe Cranberry Margarita
- Honey, grated orange zest, sea salt and granulated sugar: The orange rim superbly matches the vibrant red of the drink while the honey adheres the orange zest, salt, and sugar mixture to the glass rim.
Pro tip: For the salt rimming, run a lemon wedge over the edge of the glass before dipping it in the Margarita salt to coat. Make a notch in the lime wedge to make your job easier.
What Tequila is Better for Cranberry Margaritas?
The rule of thumb when making any drink, especially a Margarita, is to use high-quality liquor. And it doesn’t have to be expensive; there are plenty of reasonably priced quality tequilas on the market.
It’s simple to check the quality; simply look for a label that reads 100% agave. These kinds of tequila are incredibly smooth and will elevate your Margarita game to new heights!
When it comes to the type of tequila, you can use either Blanco or Reposado tequila. Here’s the difference:
- Blanco Tequila: Is not aged in white oak barrels, making it the purest type of tequila that highlights the inherent flavors of the agave and better represents the location where it was cultivated.
- Tequila Reposado: Is aged for a longer period (2-12 months). This time in oak imparts a more subtle flavor with oak and vanilla overtones. It is for this reason that we recommend tequila Reposado for this recipe Cranberry Margarita.
Both of them can work well, but the last one imparts a more complex and fascinating flavor, elevating the drink to a much more sophisticated level!
Which Cranberry Juice Should I Use?
We like to use 100% cranberry juice that is unsweetened as the color is brighter, and you can sweeten the drink to your liking. Sweetened cranberry juice has added sugars and, in some cases, high fructose corn syrup.
Enjoy Your Cranberry Margarita Cocktail With Altos
There is a reason Olmeca Altos tequila is such a staple in Margarita recipes –it is truly exceptional! Olmeca Altos Reposado’s tantalizingly smooth body, along with subtle notes of oranges, grapefruit, and cooked agave, makes it great for sipping on its own or in cocktails like this easy Cranberry Margarita.