Prepare: Measure out the tequila and other ingredients. In a small bowl, combine ground cinnamon and white sugar. Get the glasses ready: Brush the rims of the glasses with a lime wedge, then dip them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Shake: Pour the tequila, orange liqueur, coconut milk, lime juice, and white cranberry juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously. Serve: Strain into an ice-filled, pre-chilled cocktail glass. For a festive touch, garnish with a lime wedge, cranberries, and a rosemary sprig.
No Christmas party is complete without a well-stocked bar, and with so many Christmas tequila cocktails to select from, you can be spoiled for choice. The White Christmas Margarita is a lovely, festive cocktail that is guaranteed to get you in the holiday spirit!
This festive Christmas Margarita recipe is an instant crowd-pleaser, and it’s easy to see why. White cranberry juice adds a semi-sweet, fruity note, while coconut milk provides a rich, creamy texture that beautifully complements the tropical flavor of lime. The cinnamon sugar rim and the rosemary, cranberry, and lime garnishes add to the festive appeal and taste.
The holidays never tasted so good! Craft this White Christmas Margarita drink for two or a crowd to add a touch of the tropics to your winter cocktail.
This easy Christmas Margarita incorporates a touch of seasonal flair against a soothing tropical backdrop.
Here’s what you’ll need to craft a Christmas Margarita:
- 1 1/2 ounces Blanco tequila, 100% agave
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur
- 1 ounce coconut milk
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce white cranberry juice
1 oz = 30 ml
- Lime wedges
- Rosemary sprig
- Cinnamon sugar, for rimming
White Christmas Margarita Ingredients
- Tequila: Blanco (silver) tequila is ideal for margaritas and even better for a white beverage like this.
- Orange liqueur: Adds a tropical touch to the drink.
- Coconut milk: Offers extra creaminess that beautifully complements the tropical flavor of lime.
- Lime juice: A must-have for any Margarita! It also cuts through the coconut’s creaminess.
- White cranberry juice: It lightens the tequila and gives the drink a fruity punch.
How to Make a A Christmas Margarita
Making this Christmas Cranberry Margarita is a breeze. In just 5 minutes, you’ll have a merry cocktail to create unforgettable memories. Follow these simple steps:
- Prepare: Measure out the tequila and other ingredients. In a small bowl, combine ground cinnamon and white sugar.
- Get the glasses ready: Brush the rims of the glasses with a lime wedge, then dip them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Shake: Pour the tequila, orange liqueur, coconut milk, lime juice, and white cranberry juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously.
- Serve: Strain into an ice-filled, pre-chilled cocktail glass. For a festive touch, garnish with a lime wedge, cranberries, and a rosemary sprig.
How to rim The Glass Christmas Margarita Style
Now comes the fun part: decorating the Christmas Margarita glasses!
Here’s how to make a cinnamon sugar rim:
- Mix 1 part ground cinnamon and 3 parts white sugar until the color is even.
- Make a notch in the middle of a lime wedge. Then, roll it over the rim of the glass to moisten it.
- Spread the cinnamon-sugar mix out evenly on a plate. Tilt the glass into the mix so that it sticks to the outside edge. Shake off any excess.
Tip: If you’re unsure about the cinnamon sugar rim, you can always rim your glass halfway and enjoy both the rimmed and clean glass edge.
Tips for Making The Best Christmas Margarita Recipe
Do you want to prepare an irresistible cocktail? Follow these tips if you want to make the best Christmas Margarita drink:
- Because coconut milk is a popular substitute for dairy milk, you can find it in most grocery stores’ dairy areas. In this cocktail, vanilla-flavored coconut milk is incredibly wonderful.
- You can use canned coconut milk for a richer flavor. Because it separates in the can, be sure to shake it well before opening.
- To prepare cinnamon sugar, mix 1 part ground cinnamon and 3 parts white sugar.
This Christmas Margarita pairs beautifully with a premium triple sec, such as Cointreau, or a brandy-based orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier.
- Fresh cranberries are best, but frozen ones can work just as well. When you find the berries fresh, flash freeze them before transferring them to a plastic freezer bag and freezing them for later use.
- Garnish with red cranberries and a rosemary sprig to mimic mistletoe on top of the cocktail.
- Want to have the most beautiful look for this Christmas Margarita? Step it up with clear ice. Clear ice is artisan-style ice that’s crystal clear, unlike regular ice that’s cloudy.
Variations of the Christmas Margarita Drink
Here are some changes that you can make to the original recipe if you want to customize it:
- Blend it: For a fun twist, blend it with some crushed ice for a Frozen Christmas Margarita!
- Substitute Blanco tequila with Reposado tequila: If you prefer complex, oaky notes, try using a slightly aged Reposado.
- Add a sweetener: If you like your cocktails a little sweeter, you can add a dash of simple syrup, agave or honey to the mix.
- Play around with the looks: Sprinkle some coconut shavings for an extra hint of coconut. You can also swap the sprigs of rosemary for a slice of lime if you’re worried about the rosemary affecting your Christmas Margarita’s flavor.
- Use other juices: You can also make this Christmas Margarita with white grape juice, kiwi juice, or even aloe vera or cucumber juice.
A Premium Tequila For Your Christmas Margarita Cocktail
When it comes to crafting the best Christmas Margarita recipe, you’ll want a smooth, subtle, 100% Blue Weber Agave tequila. Just like Olmeca Altos, that adds a kick without overpowering your drink.
Altos Blanco tequila is a premium unaged 100% agave tequila that highlights distilled agave’s pure expression, as well as delightful herbal aromas with citrus overtones. Try a bottle of Altos Reposado for a Christmas Margarita with a bit of oak and vanilla flavors.