Follow these easy step-by-step instructions and you will prepare this homemade Chili Margarita cocktail in just 5 minutes: Pour the chili-infused tequila, lime juice, triple sec and agave in a shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously to mix and chill the cocktail mix. Strain into a Margarita glass with fresh ice. Garnish and serve!
Sometimes a little heat in your Margarita is all you need to brighten the mood. In this Chili Lime Margarita, we combine chili-infused tequila with fresh lime juice, Cointreau and agave to create a flavorful boozy fusion.
The chili/paprika salt rim adds a fiery kick to the cocktail that just seems to get better with each sip. If you are a true fan of spicy things, then this recipe will leave you celebrating life!
Margaritas are well known for their ease of preparation, and this Chili recipe is no exception.
Here’s a list of Chili Margarita Ingredients:
- 1 ½ oz chili-infused tequila
- Juice from ½ lime and extra lime wedges for the garnish
- 1 oz Triple Sec/Cointreau
- ¾ oz agave nectar
To make the Chili-Infused Tequila:
- 1 ½ cups silver tequila
- 3 serrano chili peppers or your favorite peppers, sliced in half lengthwise
Finally, this is all you need to make your Chili/Paprika Salt:
- 4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili/paprika powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder (optional)
How to Make a Chili Margarita
Follow these easy step-by-step instructions and you will prepare this homemade Chili Margarita cocktail in just 5 minutes:
- Pour the chili-infused tequila, lime juice, triple sec and agave in a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously to mix and chill the cocktail mix.
- Strain into a Margarita glass with fresh ice.
- Garnish and serve!
Pro tip: What if you don’t have any agave nectar on hand? Use simple syrup instead. In a saucepan, combine equal parts sugar and water and heat to dissolve the sugar. Allow the syrup to cool before storing it in the fridge.
How to Infuse Your Tequila With Chili
You may be wondering how we achieve the tequila-chili infusion. Well, it is simple:
Combine tequila and peppers in an airtight container and infuse for about 5-8 hours or more, depending on how hot you want your tequila to be.
Tip: The heat of chili peppers can vary greatly, so it’s a good idea to test them out first.
Caution: Don’t use the infused tequila to take shots.
Different Ways to Rim Your Chili Margarita Glass
A salt rim, especially a spicy one, enhances the visual appeal and the flavor of this Margarita.
- Cayenne and chili rim: In a small bowl, stir together 4 tsp salt, ½ tsp chili powder and ¼ tsp cayenne powder. Rub the glass with a lime wedge, then rim with the chili salt.
- Paprika salt rim: Stir together 1 tablespoon kosher or sea salt with 1 teaspoon paprika until well-combined. You may even create a large batch and store it in an airtight container until you need it.
Choose one of these two options and get the perfect rimming, which will heavenly match with your Chili Margarita.
Other Variations of THE Chili Margarita
Since this cocktail is so simple, we couldn’t just give you one recipe to celebrate with! Here are even more exciting margaritas to keep the fun going.
Pineapple Chili Margarita
Pineapple is a tropical marvel that tastes like a cross between citrus and apple. Combine the fruit with this spicy Margarita for a smooth cocktail sure to have your guests singing praises.
- 1 ½ ounce Blanco/silver tequila
- ¾ ounce premium triple sec/Cointreau
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- ¾ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Coarse/chili/paprika salt, or Tajin Seasoning for the rim
- Pineapple and lime wedges, for garnish
- Pour the tequila, triple sec, lime and pineapple juices, and hot sauce in a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously to mix and chill the ingredients.
- Prepare the rim of the glass by rubbing a slice of lime along it, and dipping it in your favorite rimming salt. Fill with ice.
- Strain Margarita into the glass, garnish with a pineapple wedge and lime wheel if desired.
Chili Lime Mango Margarita
Super fruity and seriously delicious, this Chili Lime Mango Margarita is a great drink to serve in the spring or summer.
- 1 ripe mango, cubed
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 small limes, juiced or 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 ½ -3 ounces silver tequila (depending on preferred strength of drink)
- 1 ounce triple sec or orange liqueur
- 1 dash hot sauce (optional)
- 1-3 Tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup
- ½ tsp chili powder and ½ tsp sea salt for the spicy rim
- Extra lime wedges for rimming and garnishing
- To make, simply combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender and process until frothed to your desired consistency. Taste and adjust the taste as desired
- Use a notched lime wedge to rim Margarita glass, then dip in the chili salt to coat the rim
- Pour the drink into a glass, fill it with one large ice cube, and enjoy!
To make a Frozen Blended Chili Mango Margarita, either blend the mixture with ice or transfer half of the mix to a cocktail shaker with lots of ice and shake vigorously.
Enjoy Your Chili Margarita Cocktail With Altos
If you’re looking for the best tequila for your homemade Margarita recipes, Olmeca Altos is just the ticket for anyone who wants a wonderfully smooth and mild sipping experience. The Altos Plata premium tequila is made from 100% Blue Weber agave and has a bold flavor profile that works magic in this Chili Margarita recipe.