Champagne margaritas come with a touch of everything you can dream of in a cocktail. The champagne instantly elevates the classic Margarita into a bright and bubbly drink perfect for toasting any of life’s grand celebrations. A sip and you can already experience the ‘feel good’ hormones kicking in. It is happiness served in a glass!
To make the gorgeous creation, all you need is good tequila (we recommend 100% agave), triple sec, lime juice and a bottle of champagne to top. No Triple Sec? Add fresh orange juice instead.
Don’t worry about the champagne! You don’t have to use an expensive, fancy bottle for these margaritas. A good quality bottle you enjoy drinking will work just fine.
Sparkling wine makes an excellent substitute. Prosecco, Cava and Espumante are all great sparkling wines available at an affordable price tag; however, if you feel like splurging on some top-shelf bottle, by all means!
Champagne margaritas are elegant enough for any lavish party with fancy suits and dresses yet playful enough for a couple of friends linking up for brunch.
Did we already mention that you don’t need any special equipment? Simply shake all the ingredients and top with champagne. Five minutes and the cocktail is ready!
Ready to give this recipe a try? Below is what you will need:
- 1 cup Silver or Gold Tequila
- 1 cup Triple sec (orange liqueur, including Cointreau)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- A good-quality bottle of champagne or sparkling wine to top
- Garnish: Lime/lemon wedges
- Optional: Salt for rimming the glasses
How to Prepare a Champagne Margarita
You can either make this gorgeous drink as a shaken cocktail or on the rocks.
On the rocks:
- Fill a rocks glass or any glass of choice with ice.
- Add the tequila, triple sec, lime juice and gently stir to mix.
- Top with champagne and serve immediately.
As a shaken cocktail:
- Pour the tequila, triple sec and lime juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds to mix and chill the drink.
- Pour into the glass, top with champagne and serve immediately.
Other Different Variations of this Champagne Margarita Cocktail
Here are next-level Margarita recipes worth trying once you’ve mastered the basic recipe.
Strawberry Champagne Margarita
One look at strawberries and the color is enough to make you fall in love. They are fragrant, delicious, pack plenty of nutrients, and even associated with love, joy, innocence, purity, and passion.
- 1 Part (30ml) Tequila, Blanco or Reposado
- 1 Part (30ml) Triple sec
- 1 Part (30ml) Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Splash champagne or sparkling wine
- 4 Fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced plus 1 whole for garnish
- Fresh mint
- Salt for the rim
- Muddle the strawberries in a large glass or cocktail shaker.
- Add the lime juice and stir in tequila and triple sec.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice, then strain the cocktail on the ice.
- Top with champagne, garnish with mint and whole strawberry and serve immediately.
Pink Champagne Margarita
Pink champagne margaritas are so festive and not to mention pretty. The gorgeous delights are perfect for weddings, showers or girls’ nights out!
Here’s what you will need for the Pink Champagne Margarita recipe:
- 1 cup Champagne
- 2 cups Pink Sparkling Lemonade
- ½ cup Tequila
- ½ cup Triple sec
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Lime slices
- Salt for the rim
- Combine all the ingredients in a salt-rimmed glass.
- Serve, garnish and enjoy!
Our Version of the Champagne Margarita Drink
Altos Tequila takes Margarita making to a whole new level. From classic margaritas to colorful cocktails, the tequila has a way of elevating your regular Margarita into a delightful treat perfect for toasting to any of life’s special moments.
Olmeca Altos is made with 100% blue agave grown in the Los Altos highlands of Jalisco, Mexico. Once harvested, the agave is slow-cooked in brick ovens distilled in copper, resulting in a smooth spirit full of flavor. It is this profile that makes it the perfect candidate for the Champagne Margarita’s recipe.
Try this delicious Altos Champagne Margarita recipe and taste the classic brand!
A Sweet and Salty Rimming to Get It Ready
Bring the cocktail to the next level with this special Margarita rimming mix:
- Combine ¼ cup sugar, 2 tablespoons Kosher salt, and 1 teaspoon of lime zest.
- Pour onto a plate or small bowl.
- Wet the rim of each glass with water or lime wedge.
- Dip the glass into the mix and twist to coat.
The secret to making great margaritas is using top-quality tequila. Altos Tequila is made from 100% blue agave and comes in three bottles: Plata, Reposado and Añejo. Plata (also Blanco) is the young, bold and fiery brother, while Reposado and Añejo are the older siblings that benefit from extra barrel time.
Here is a flavor that turns strangers to friends and friends to family! Get your bottle of our award-winning tequila and bring your cocktails to a new level.