Add fresh blackberries with the simple syrup (optional) to a cocktail shaker and muddle until the berries are nice and pulverized. Add the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and a handful of ice Give the mix a good shake until the outside of the shaker is nice and frosty. For a pretty extra presentation, run a lime slice along the rim of the glass, then swirl the glass in coarse sea salt or Margarita mix of your choice. Strain, serve, garnish and enjoy your superb creation!
Who loves the slightly sweet and tangy flavor of fresh blackberries? Try this fresh Blackberry Margarita recipe for a deliciously fruity spin on the classic!
Made with muddled blackberries, this delightful drink bursts with summer’s greatest taste in every sip. Furthermore, it’s a simple yet spectacular cocktail that just takes a few minutes to prepare.
Celebrate with this delicious blackberry cocktail, which can be enjoyed for any kind of gathering and has a fun twist.
Ingredients to Make the Blackberry Margarita Recipe
This easy Blackberry Margarita recipe spices up your Classic Margarita, and all you need is four ingredients!
What you’ll need for one Blackberry Margarita serving:
- ¼ cup fresh blackberries
- 2 ounces 100% agave tequila
- 1 ounce orange liqueur
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 lime)
- Optional: Simple syrup, lime slices and extra blackberries for garnish and salt for the rim
How to Select the Blackberry Margarita Mix
- Tequila*: You can use either Blanco or Reposado tequila, as long as it’s made entirely from agave.
- Orange liqueur: When it comes to orange liqueur, triple sec is a great budget-friendly option, but if you like top-shelf, Grand Marnier or Cointreau are superb choices.
- Simple syrup: If you want your margaritas a little sweeter, add a tiny little bit of simple syrup. If you like a tart Margarita, the blackberries may suffice as a sweetener.
* Reposado tequila is aged in oak barrels for two to twelve months, giving it a rich, nuanced flavor, whereas Blanco tequila, sometimes known as silver tequila, is not aged, thus crisp with a natural agave flavor.
How to Make a Blackberry Margarita
You have the option of making this blackberry cocktail frozen or on the rocks. We’ve got both.
How to make a Blackberry Margarita on the rocks:
- Add fresh blackberries with the simple syrup (optional) to a cocktail shaker and muddle until the berries are nice and pulverized.
- Add the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and a handful of ice
- Give the mix a good shake until the outside of the shaker is nice and frosty.
- For a pretty extra presentation, run a lime slice along the rim of the glass, then swirl the glass in coarse sea salt or Margarita mix of your choice.
- Strain, serve, garnish and enjoy your superb creation!
How to Make Frozen Blackberry Margarita
Cheers to the sunny weather and the delectable pairing of blackberries and tequila in this refreshing Frozen Blackberry Margarita recipe!
- Place the blackberries, tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and ice in a blender
- Blend on high speed until smooth
- Rim your glass (optional)
- Pour the Margarita into the prepared glass
- Garnish with a lime wedge and/or frozen blackberries
- Enjoy your frozen cocktail blackberry.
How Can I Make Simple Syrup?
Boil equal amounts of water and sugar, whisk to dissolve the sugar, and voilà! Simple as that.
You may also buy simple syrup, but making your own and storing it in the fridge is much easier. It will keep for a few weeks and make preparing Blackberry Margaritas on the rocks incredibly easy.
Tip: Add a fun twist to the syrup by incorporating different herbs such as mint, thyme, rosemary, and sage.
Tips For Making The Best Blackberry Margarita Cocktail
Here are some must-have tips for making a delicious Blackberry Margarita:
- To make a good margarita, you need limes that have some give when they’re pressed. Do not go for hard, dried out limes.
- Roll the lime against the countertop to help release its juice before juicing it.
- A cold margarita is the only way to go. This is why using two hands when shaking it is important. And this helps you make the perfect cocktail every time.
- If simple syrup isn’t available, agave nectar will work too.
- If you are not in the mood for something too sweet, you might be able to get away without adding any sugar. Just make it up with water or alcohol and if it’s not sweet enough for you, add more.
Variations of The Blackberry Margarita Recipe
There’s always other ways of making this delicious cocktail and we want to show you some of them. Pay attention!
- Blend it: Craft this Margarita recipe using a blender, so it’s frozen instead of over the rocks.
- Double, triple or quadruple: For get-togethers and parties, you may easily double, triple, or quadruple this Blackberry Margaritas recipe.
- A salted rim can make all the difference: Though entirely optional, a salt rim can add a touch of whimsy to the drink and significantly elevate the drinking experience.
- Some people prefer rimming only halfway so that they can choose between a rimmed and a clean glass edge.
- Use homemade blackberry syrup instead: Substitute simple syrup with an easy-to-make blackberry syrup to make the best Blackberry Margarita recipe.
100% Agave Tequila For Your Blackberry Margarita
From the taste to the price, there’s plenty to love about the Olmeca Altos Tequila. With its distinctive flavor that charmingly cuts through the Marg while remaining silky smooth on the palate, the 100% agave Altos Plata is an excellent pick for a homemade Blackberry Margarita!