Margarita is a fun and refreshing cocktail you can enjoy any time, but on a hot afternoon, a Margarita hits the spot. Already thirsty for one? At Altos Tequila, we have just the best tequila drink for you —Altos Margarita!
Why Altos, you might ask. As you might already know, every great Margarita starts with good-quality tequila. Most bartenders and tequila enthusiasts recommend using tequila made from 100% agave as it will guarantee you a better cocktail with a more complex flavor and significantly less burn.
So, what makes Altos Margarita so iconic? Well, for starters, the cocktail is made with 100% agave Olmeca Altos Tequila Plata —a top choice tequila brand for margaritas by bartenders worldwide. Altos Tequila Plata has proven to be the best tequila for margaritas year after year by winning the most prestigious contests around the globe.
Olmeca Altos Plata Tequila is bottled right after distillation, thus provides the purest expression of agave’s natural flavors. With such a quality spirit base, you can look forward to a refreshing cocktail guaranteed to satisfy.
The best Altos Plata Tequila Recipe for Margaritas
It’s quite easy to enjoy our own version of the famous Margarita. With only 3 ingredients, you will have a refreshing cocktail full of contrasts:
- 2 Parts Tequila Altos Plata
- A handful of lemon and lime (diced)
- 2-3 spoons of local honey to taste
What is the Best Margarita Recipe Ever?
Our Altos Margarita is a simple tequila drink, but sometimes simple is better than complex. And that’s exactly what happens with our cocktail!
- Altos Plata: Tequila is the most crucial ingredient in a Margarita. Many bartenders swear by the Olmeca Altos Tequila Plata because of its slightly acidic and fruity profile.
- Lemon and lime: the lime/lemon enhances the tequila flavor and adds to the sour of the drink.
- Honey*: in place of the simple syrup, the recipe uses local honey as the sweetener.
*Keep in mind that honey has more flavor than regular simple syrup for margaritas, so it’s best to start small.
Video of the Recipe Altos Margarita
How to Make Altos Margarita
Pour the tequila, citrus and honey, then shake* vigorously with ice to blend and chill the drink. Serve on the rocks, garnish and indulge! The garnish is the chopped/juiced lemon and lime you used for the shake. Pretty easy, right?
*Shaking is crucial as it introduces tiny air bubbles that give a Margarita its signature cloudy and frothy appearance.
Improve Your Perfect Altos Margarita Recipe
Altos recommends using chopped lime and lemon, and agave syrup for anyone looking to make the ‘mexican version’. Agave syrup comes from the same blue agave plant that makes the tequila, which is probably why the two pair well.
Because it lacks the sometimes bitter aftertaste artificial sweeteners tend to have, agave syrup Margarita is a favorite for strict vegans or anyone who dislikes the taste of honey.
Find Out the Best Flavored Margarita Recipe
Being a simple drink, it’s possible to get super creative and make all kinds of Margarita combinations. Here are three ways you can drink a Margarita.
If you want to experience the purest mexican flavor, then this recipe is for you.
- 3 Parts (89 mL) silver tequila
- 2 Parts (59 mL) lime juice
- 1 Part (30 mL) simple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon (4.9 mL) orange liqueur
- 2 jalapeno coins, with no seeds
- Combine the ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 10-20 seconds.
- Pour your Spicy Margarita into glasses rimmed with salt and garnish with a lime wedge.
- Add ice to keep the cocktail cold for longer (optional).
A classic variation of the original recipe. If you prefer to reduce the strength of the tequila, this Blended Margarita is perfect for you.
- 2 Parts (59 mL) silver tequila
- 1 Part (30 mL) lime juice or two limes
- I Part (30 mL) triple sec
- 3 Cups (710 mL) of ice
- Pour your ingredients into a blender.
- Add large ice cubes to the blender to fill it up most of the way.
- Blend until mostly smooth (about 30 seconds).
- Pour into a glass rimmed with salt.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and straw if desired.
Blended Mango Margarita
Can you imagine a better combination than fruit and Margarita? If you love tropical flavors, then you will truly enjoy the Blended Mango Margarita.
- I Bag of frozen mango chunks
- 1/4 Cup (59 mL) lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons (30 mL) of orange liqueur
- 2 Tablespoons (25 g) of superfine sugar
- 2 Cups (470 mL) of ice water
- Pour your ingredients into a blender.
- Fill up the blender with ice.
- Blend your mixture until mostly smooth.
- Pour into a margarita glass, garnish and enjoy.
History of Margarita
As with most popular drinks, Margarita’s origins are murky. Some tell of how the cocktail evolved from a classic tequila cocktail named Daisy, while others link its true origins to Mexican restaurant owner Carlos (Danny) Herrera. Regardless of what theory you find believable or credible, one thing is for sure; margaritas are superb, especially when made with good tequila.
Olmeca Altos Plata is a classic tequila for the modern world. Made from 100% hand-harvested agave grown in the Los Altos highlands of Mexico, Plata tequila sets the bar pretty high. Plus, the bottle comes at a reasonable price point, so you won’t have to break the bank to get one.