Spicy Paloma: The Jalapeño Paloma Cocktail
To make your own Spicy Paloma with Jalapeños at home, try the following steps: Add 2 oz of tequila and 1 oz of lime juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds, until the ingredients are well-chilled. Strain the mixture into a salt-rimmed glass over fresh ice. Top off the drink with 2 oz of grapefruit soda and garnish by pressing down on a jalapeño slice until it releases its oils over top of the drink. Put a few slices of jalapeños for more heat.
We know what you’re thinking: “Why do we need jalapeños in our cocktails?” Well, we’ll tell you. It’s all about flavor—the kind of flavor that will make your mouth water and keep you coming back for more. Because when it comes down to it, nothing can replace the experience of drinking with spice!
We know you’re asking yourself, “Why drink spicy palomas?”
Well, we’ve got a few answers for you. First, they’re delicious. Second, they’re easy to make—so you can mix up a batch of them at home or just buy them at your local bar or restaurant. If you’re feeling adventurous, try making your own jalapeño-infused tequila—it’s super simple to do and tastes amazing!
Spicy Paloma Ingredients to Do the Best Version of this Cocktail
How to Make this Spicy Paloma Recipe
How to Prepare your Spicy Paloma’s Jalapeños
Tips from Our Experts to Prepare the Spicy Paloma Recipe
If you’re looking to make your own delicious spicy paloma at home, here are some tips from our bartenders:
- Start with a good tequila. Any type will do—we recommend an Olmeca Altos Plata or Olmeca Altos Reposado.
- Next, grab some grapefruit soda and lime juice. If possible, use fresh lime juice instead of bottled lime juice because the flavor will be much better.
- It’s important to have all the ingredients ready before you start preparing your cocktail.
- Finally, add some jalapeños and salt to taste (or even chili powder if you like things spicy!). If you want a milder version of this cocktail, cut back on the amount of jalapeños.
The Frozen Spicy Paloma Version for the Summer
If you’re looking for a delicious summertime drink that’s going to keep you cool and refreshed, this is it! It’s time to bring back your favorite summer drink, Frozen Spicy Paloma!
What you need:
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 2 oz. grapefruit soda (or similar)
- 3 jalapeños, cut into rings
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1/2 oz. orange liqueur (optional)
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce (optional)
How to make it:
Just combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass filled with ice and garnish with jalapeños if desired!
Olmeca Altos to Enjoy of this Spicy Paloma
Olmeca Altos is a great tequila to prepare spicy paloma with jalapeños because it’s made with agave that has been grown in the Los Altos region of Jalisco, Mexico.
This region is known for its high altitude and rich soil, which makes it ideal for growing agave. The distillers at Tequila Olmeca Altos take advantage of this environment by using traditional methods of cultivation and production.
This combination makes it perfect for cocktails like spicy palomas!