1. In a pan fry the chorizo with little oil and smash it. Fry it until crispy. 2. Shred the cheese. 3. In a hot pan or griddle add the cheese and allow it to melt. 4. Mix the chorizo and the cheese. Serve hot. 5. Serve with flour tortillas and either green or red salsa.
Cheese and chorizo tacos are a great way to enjoy the rich flavors of Mexican cuisine without spending all day in the kitchen. Tacos are so simple that they can be made with just a few ingredients and basic equipment.
The first thing to do is find the right type of tortillas. We recommend using wheat flour tortillas for this taco recipe because they’ll hold up better on the grill or in a skillet than corn-flour tortillas would.
You’ll also need some cheese – the best ones will be Oaxaca, cheddar or Monterey Jack, because they melt well but also hold their shape when cooked in a skillet or on a grill over an open flame. You’ll also want to buy chorizo for this recipe; chorizo comes in a variety of flavors, including spicy or sweet, so be sure to buy the one that best suits the flavor you want the dish to taste like.
Ingredients to Prepare the Chorizo Tacos Recipe
You only need:
- 500g chorizo
- 500g Oaxaca cheese (or mozzarella or Monterrey Jack cheese)
- Flour Tortillas
On the other hand, to garnish:
- Raw salsa verde
- Grilled salsa roja
How to Make the Choriqueso Taco
These cheese and chorizo tacos are the perfect recipe for a busy weeknight or lazy weekend brunch. The combination of savory chorizo and sharp cheese make these tacos both hearty and satisfying.
This recipe is easy enough to make for beginners and delicious enough that even experienced cooks will want to try it.
- In a pan fry the chorizo with little oil and smash it. Fry it until crispy.
- Shred the cheese.
- In a hot pan or griddle add the cheese and allow it to melt.
- Mix the chorizo and the cheese. Serve hot.
- Serve with flour tortillas and either green or red salsa.
You can use three kind of cheese to make this recipe, it all depends on if you want a Oaxaca Taco, a Monterrey Taco or a Mozzarella Taco.
Altos Margarita: Our New Incorporation
Finally, to finish this recipe in style you just have to accompany it with a margarita. But not just any margarita will do—if you want to impress your guests, we recommend our Altos Margarita. With all the necessary ingredients, just open and serve.