Pour the tequila, orange liqueur, agave syrup and lime juice into a cocktail shaker with some ice. Shake thoroughly for about 30 seconds to mix and chill. Strain into Margarita glass or glass of choice. Top with your favorite champagne or sparkling wine. Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
Champagne margaritas take a bubbly twist on the Margarita by introducing champagne to the recipe. The result is a delicious cocktail with warm notes and a lively kick at the end. Who knew champagne could be a great margarita ingredient?
Like most Margarita recipes, this recipe is easy and fun to make. Slightly fizzy and super delicious, these champagne margaritas are perfect for special occasions or just because it’s the weekend. Let’s see how to get one done!
Ingredients to Prepare the Champagne Margarita Cocktail
Margaritas are one of the simplest cocktails to make, and this recipe is no exception. Here’s what you will need to prepare this Sparkling Margarita Recipe:
- 15ml Reposado Tequila
- 15ml Orange liqueur
- 25ml Fresh lime juice
- 25ml Agave syrup
- 100ml Champagne or sparkling wine of your choice
- Optional: Salt for rimming the glasses
30ml = 1oz
Tip: No orange liqueur? Feel free to use fresh orange juice. You can also use any sweetener you have, including simple syrup, honey and cane syrup.
How to Make the Altos Champagne Margarita Drink
This champagne drink is an extra easy-to-make one, which can be done in just a few minutes. Here’s all the steps you need to follow:
- Pour the tequila, orange liqueur, agave syrup and lime juice into a cocktail shaker with some ice.
- Shake thoroughly for about 30 seconds to mix and chill.
- Strain into Margarita glass or glass of choice.
- Top with your favorite champagne or sparkling wine.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
Elevate the Champagne with Lime and Salt
A salt rim is a beautiful addition to your Champagne Margarita. Besides making your drink attractive, the salt mellows the sweetness and sour of the ingredients for an exceptionally smooth drinking experience.
And not just salt, you can also use sugar, chili, or lime zest –whatever your taste buds crave!
To rim your glass, you need to:
- Add salt, sugar or Margarita mix to a shallow bowl or plate.
- Wet the rim of each glass with a lime wedge.
- Dip the glass in the salt at an angle, making sure only to coat the outer edge.
- Shake off any excess.
Our Own Altos Champagne Margarita Recipe
Our Altos Champagne Margarita cocktail is perfect for anyone looking for a smooth drinking experience. The refreshing drink features Altos Tequila Reposado, a premium tequila made with 100% blue agave grown in the highlands of Jalisco, Mexico.
Our recipe also includes sage-infused agave syrup, lime juice, pear puree and champagne. We love the sage-infused agave syrup for its rich herbal sweetness and flavor. It’s a sensational cocktail ideal for fall or any time you feel like having a good time.
We have Dré Masso to thank for this incredible flavor fusion. Dré got the inspiration after spending six months learning from Julio Bermejo –the genius behind Tommy’s Margarita. What better way to show love and respect to his mentor? The creation was also his way of celebrating the 10th anniversary of Altos Tequila, which he took part in creating.
It’s never a dull moment with a Champagne Margarita. Here’s what you will need to make our sparkling margarita:
- 1 Part (30ml) Altos Reposado, 100% agave
- 2⁄3 Parts (20ml) Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2⁄3 Parts (20ml) Infused agave syrup
- 2⁄3 Parts (20ml) Pear puree
- 1 Part (30ml) Champagne to top
Stressing over what to serve your guests? Below you have the steps to make the best Champagne Margarita recipe:
- Add the tequila, lime juice, agave syrup and pear puree to a cocktail shaker
- Shake well until the outside feels cold.
- Fine strain into chilled coupette glass.
- Top up with chilled champagne.
- Garnish with a fresh sage leaf or garnish of choice to brighten the drink.
Other Versions of Champagne Margarita
Whether you like your Margarita fruity or fancy, every recipe is possible with Altos. Below are recipes you’ll find interesting:
Strawberry Champagne Margarita Recipe
Strawberries are one of the most widely consumed fruits for a reason. They are sweet, juicy, and an excellent source of nutrients. Include them as an ingredient in your champagne margaritas recipe to add a nice and light sweetness.
- 60ml Tequila
- 60ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 60ml orange liqueur
- 8-10 fresh strawberries, sliced and hulled
- 2 splashes champagne or sparkling wine of choice
- Salt for the rim (optional)
- Muddle the strawberries in a large glass or cocktail shaker
- Add the lime juice, then stir in the tequila and orange liqueur
- Add some ice into the prepared glass
- Strain into the glass and top with champagne
- If you want to get fancy, garnish with strawberries or lime slices
Tip: use frozen strawberries to make a Frozen Strawberry Champagne Margarita cocktail.
Pink Champagne Margarita Recipe
Pink Champagne Margarita is so cute and fancy. The cocktail is perfect for bridal showers, brunch and Valentine’s Day. As its own name indicates, all you need to do is include pink champagne to the equation.
- 60ml Tequila
- 60ml Lime juice
- 60ml Orange liqueur
- 2 Splashes of pink champagne
- Simple syrup or any sweetener of choice
- Combine the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and simple syrup in a glass and stir.
- Toss in some ice and top with pink champagne.
How Do I Make Simple Syrup?
- Combine equal parts of sugar and water in a saucepan and bring the mix to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until all the sugar dissolves.
- Allow the syrup to cool
Store simple syrup in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Discover Our Premium Tequila
Olmeca Altos is a premium 100% agave tequila produced from the Altos highlands of Jalisco, Mexico. The agave grows at 2,100 meters above sea level, ensuring a sweet tequila perfect for cocktail making.
Once harvested, the agave is cooked in brick ovens for three days until they are juicy and tender for milling. After this, the agave is crushed using the 400-year-old Tahona stone method to achieve a smooth yet pleasant cooked agave flavor and aroma.
Then, the agave fiber and liquid are fermented with our proprietary yeast. This fermented juice is then distilled in copper stills in small batches, ensuring the highest quality after the whole process.
Smooth, clean and slightly smoky, Altos Reposado is our most awarded tequila. And, on this occasion, is our choice for this champagne and tequila cocktail. Give yourself a treat and celebrate life with a Champagne Margarita!